any one ever use the t boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Just want to know is it worth it or is it better stock, I have supertrapps with open ends and 6 disk and stage 1 jet kit stock air box with k&n

imo its not worth it......the function of turning off the boost if your driving in the rain lots might be what you want but that can easily be dealt with..... dont drive in the boost while in the rain. 3k think you will just find it rich and wont gain too much or nothing so will end up back at stock setting.......so not worth it to me.

I have one and never use it....it makes the bike "feel" a bit torquier/more responsive down low, but in reality you're just running rich and making less power.

I've found the stage 1 kit to be more of a hassle than it's worth as well. F's up the midrange and does nothing up top. To get any real effect from jetting you have to get a full header exhaust.

i have one and love it you can feel it at about 4k gives you a little guicker take off. as for running rich i dont see how it would cause that on a cv type carb if your to rich is because of the jetting and needle postion not how many carb your pulling off of.

It came with the bike. Initially I enjoyed the slight midrange bump but the number's don't lie. With t-boost 105 hp. After removing the t-boost and adjusting the carbs 115 hp.

Last edited:
interesting dyno chart. where is the chart with the Tboost?

question for you: how often and how long do you ride at 8000rpm? I've dyno'd my bike with Tboost on and off. Mid range torque comes up quicker.

at 6400 rpm and above tboost and stock vboost are the same because the stock system opens at 6400.

Tboost puts more air and fuel into your engine between 3200 and 6400. run it on the dyno. the numbers don't like. but also run it more than once. what is the repeatability of your dyno? 1hp? 5hp? if its a dynojet, its +/- 3% error.

It came with the bike. Initially I enjoyed the slight midrange bump but the number's don't lie. With t-boost 105 hp. After removing the t-boost and adjusting the carbs 115 hp.

I have the T-boost on my bike, I really like it, I attached the switch to the clutch lever so I can flick it on the go, its amazing for passing on freeways.
it never caused the plugs to show any sign of running rich, when it kicks in while accelerating it feels powerful.
I don't care much about Hp numbers I know the bike goes faster & its not my imagination. would I do it again? yes I would with no hesitation.

I enjoy the fact that when I want to go on longer rides I can cut off the boost and save the gas, and when I have a full tank I can cut it on. I don't really use the 6 thousand rpm setting because I can't really see the rpm guage all the time and it feels like I have to "guess" when the boost will kick in. At 3000 there is no guess work, it kicks in almost instantly. The rain aspect is important too, yes you can adjust, but if you can just flick a switch and cut boost off isn't that better? I was in El paso for 2 years and had to keep boost off riding around town because there are several spots where sand piles up on the road. I bought the tboost system because the boost kicked in as I was in a curve that had sand and I almost lost it, and maybe peed my pants a little.

Back