Any REputable VMAX Carb experts in the Dallas/FT Worth area?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triple1050

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a 99 Stage7 Vmax a few weeks ago, it seems to be running quite rich, I'm going to take a stab at messing with the Carbs myself but as a backup does anyone know of any shop or individual that can do carb work...for a fee of course

any tidbits would be appreciated

If you are talking about cleaning/rebuilding....absolutely, send them on up and I'll get them back to you in about a week, tested and RTG.

If you are talking about a tuning issue that has to be done on the bike the carbs will live on....best suggestion there would be find a reputable shop that does dyno tuning and take it to them.

I would say, dyno with an A/F reading....most people that DONT dyno test their set up (or use an A/F meter) tend to set them up too rich.

This forum is a great resource for people that have GREAT running combinations.

I also recommend Sean. PM me and I can tell you one place in Dallas NOT to take your bike.

There's supposed to be a guy named Brian at BMW of Plano that loves Vmaxes. Also, you could go out to Decatur to piper performance. He's got a dyno, a super clean shop, and is a cool guy. He did my Race Tech install, and showed me a big collection of old bikes he had.

Back