Anyone ever buy from Canada?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I just bought an exhaust from Canada. I've never bought ANYTHING from anywhere outside the U.S.
How does the whole customs thing work......
I think that today is business day #8 or 9 since the exhaust was shipped. The last update under the tracking info on the wesbsite shows that it left Canada. I don't know what to expect......

How did it ship? If Canada Post - regular parcel - can take 1 - 3 weeks - if Priority mail - 10 to 14 days usually

Mike

I believe that it was Canada Post. That's the website I go to in order to check my tracking info.

How do I pay the customs fees or whatever? Isn't there something else I have to pay for in relation to customs?

I believe that it was Canada Post. That's the website I go to in order to check my tracking info.

How do I pay the customs fees or whatever? Isn't there something else I have to pay for in relation to customs?

US postal service will collect the duty if there is any.
I'm not sure how it will work as I live in Canada.
When I order out of the US I always use US post as any other way like UPS will hose you on duties with a broker fee. Thats a $50 dollar hose charge from them brown guys. Now on the other hand when I have received stuff through the post office the broker fee is $5. Then they add our GST tax.
I am not sure about US taxes. It is all bull anyway, I thought we had something called free trade. Customs charges depend on value of Item.
Then if your lucky with this time of year and all the packages being shipped. I have had some come that were never looked at and no charges!

When i bought my renntec from the UK there was no taxes or anything... just pay and shipping.

Canada/US is different Garrett. There are forms that have to be completed and attached to the package (1096 I believe), it's a whole different ball game. :confused2:
I believe it's because of the "border agreement.".....................They agree to screw us, we agree to screw them. :biglaugh: Think that's also called "the free trade" agreement.

Canada/US is different Garrett. There are forms that have to be completed and attached to the package (1096 I believe), it's a whole different ball game. :confused2:
I believe it's because of the "border agreement.".....................They agree to screw us, we agree to screw them. :biglaugh: Think that's also called "the free trade" agreement.

fair enough danny. just throwing my two sense in there... back in the day when i lived in canton i'd just go up there buy it and come back...

If it was shipped through CanadaPost, will it come to me via my local post office? Or would it be UPS or FedEx?

I got everything I ever paid for from Canada but it was painfully slow. I sent a money order and it took three weeks. The seller was getting irate and it was out of my hands. I saw the exhaust you were bidding on and won. I NEVER sell or buy - to or from Canada anymore. Not worth the higher shipping or hassles or delays. Keep it in America dude! Screw them Canucks and there cold weather. :bang head:

I got everything I ever paid for from Canada but it was painfully slow. I sent a money order and it took three weeks. The seller was getting irate and it was out of my hands. I saw the exhaust you were bidding on and won. I NEVER sell or buy - to or from Canada anymore. Not worth the higher shipping or hassles or delays. Keep it in America dude! Screw them Canucks and there cold weather. :bang head:

Patmax, will remember that when you are asking for advice, also remember that a Canuck runs this site!!

Now as to shipping, you need to make sure you request any item be sent express post at a minimum, otherwise it can take 4-6 weeks. NEVER ship Fedex or UPS because you will get screwed by a Customs Brokerage fee that is often more than the duties and taxes assessed. USPS and Canada Post make you pay the taxes etc. but without the huge fees.

I sent money to some crazy biker in Canada & all I got was this lousey t-shirt ! :rofl_200: - just kidding - love my VMF shirt

Well Patmax, too bad you feel that way - I guess all can say to that is kiss my white Canadian :10_6_8:and :banned: - get him Buster! :rofl_200:

Mike

Hmmm...seems to me that anything leaving Canada and entering the U.S. would be held up by U.S. Customs and not Canada Customs.
I'm with Jim...lot's of us Canucks here and hope I can never help you with anything.

Gee this could get ugly!

Last edited:
Funny thing is I am an American that is married to a Canadian.:biglaugh: Guess I have become more Canadian as care one heck of a lot about my adopted country. Burns my ass when someone starts bashing really great people, it isn't our fault that the mail system and Customs (both sides of the border)suck!!

Back