Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy boys, again...
I have a slight "dead spot" during full throttle or almost full throttle. It seems to occur between 4500 and 6000 rpm, right when I'm really gettin ready to hang on!
Just cruisin around, quick little romps, no problem. Seems like it happens under a load.
I tried a dose of seafoam to see if it'd help clean out a jet but no improvement.
And a side note...maybe not related, but the bike doesnt like to sit idleing too long after it's warmed up. It idles around 1200, if I bumped the idle up to 1500 it'd probably help or solve this issue. Any thoughts?
While I'm here pickin your brains, I also have an electical question. My '98 has an 1/8" jack (almost like a headphone jack) on the left side panel below the handle bars, in front of the left scoop. It looks factory. What is this thing?...power a previous owner wired in for a radar detector or accessory?

New member here. My name is Daniel and live down in Valdosta GA. Just acquired a barn find 85 vmax from a co-worker. It don't run...yet, and has been sitting for the past 15 years. Looking forward to getting it back roadworthy. You can see the thread I started in the vboost room earlier today for some background and pictures. I've owned several sportbikes up to this point and sold my last one a couple years back. I'm excited to get back on 2 wheels.

Hello. New guy from the St. Louis area. Just picked up a super clean 97 vmax as it was one of those bikes I wanted since I saw the first ad for one when I was a teenager. Right now just reading to see what I can learn, but expect some stupid questions soon! lol

Great to have you on board...and dont worry...there is no such thing as dumb questions when it comes to Vmaxs'.

Hi everybody, just traded for my first VMax as i have been wanting one for awhile now. Look forward to learning all about them on here. I'm from Oklahoma and have other bikes as well that i have brought back from the dead and made road worthy again. Glad to be a part of a knowledgeable group. Thanks for the add.

Hi everybody, just traded for my first VMax as i have been wanting one for awhile now. Look forward to learning all about them on here. I'm from Oklahoma and have other bikes as well that i have brought back from the dead and made road worthy again. Glad to be a part of a knowledgeable group. Thanks for the add.

Hey hit me up some time, and we will go riding...I live in Lawton Ok, and welcome to the group.

Hello everyone. New member here from the great state of NC. I just picked up my new Max this past Friday Aug. 9th. I am a former Gen I (1993) owner. I have a Wide Wheel Kit on order and an Akrapovic mid-pipe sitting in my office. The only mods I'm doing is the Wide Wheel Kit, the mid-pipe, and the Air Box modification. When cold weather arrives, I'll be making the mods and shipping off my ECU to Tim Nash to get it flashed. Then hopefully we'll have a short winter.

Thanks. It's a 2014. My avatar is a small pic of it. I really like the Matte Gray paint scheme. Doesn't show fingerprints.

Yeah , but the RED one's are faster! here's mine along with Mr and Mrs feagins

Attachments

• photo (111).jpg
    photo (111).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 12
Yeah , but the RED one's are faster! here's mine along with Mr and Mrs feagins

Ha Ha! They must be faster. I hear you get more speeding tickets riding the red ones.
wink2.gif

Welcome cue ball. put a picture of it in your albums I haven't seen the matte grey one yet. I can't blow your avatar up big enough to get a good look. Thanks

Welcome cue ball. put a picture of it in your albums I haven't seen the matte grey one yet. I can't blow your avatar up big enough to get a good look. Thanks

Will do. The pic in my avatar, even blown up is not very good due to the angle. Right now my bike is parked in my warehouse here at my office. The lighting is not great and it is about to rain outside. The next chance I get, I'll wheel it out into the sun and take a few closeup shots of it and post them in my album.

Done. I went ahead and took a chance with my cheap little and old digital camera here at my office. They turned out better than I thought.

Good to be here

My V-max experience started back in 1986 while in the Navy. I had been riding since I could touch the ground on a bike (CB125s Honda) but had failed to ever own a powerful bike. I owned a Kawai 440LTD and that was as big as I had ridden. Just had to buy a 1985 V-max. I had it for all of 6 months, got orders to deploy and sold it rather than store it. BUT I WAS GLAD TO SELL IT! I had no car in that era of my life and rode everywhere in San Diego all year round. First observation I had on the Max was that I was unsure of who was in charge. Going from the handy 440 to the max was , well, it took me a while after selling it to get my navel to unpucker!! I would tremble a bit getting on the thing, but was shaking hard when I crawled back off. Not a good idea to jump that much in HP all at once. LOL
Since those days I have owned and ridden many big bikes. The last decade had me touring the USA on a 1999 ZX11 that was set up to put out 152 hp on the local Dyno. Needless to say I crawled on this latest purchase (2001 V-max) with no issues and wondered why it just doesn't seem as fast as the first.
Thanks for making me a part of your forum.

Frank Schmitt

Back