Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new here.

Picked up a '95 Max a few weeks back. Bone stock other than a Corbin. Looking forward to keeping it that way for the most part :D

Hey everyone. New max owner. Just bought a 1993 about a week ago. Started doing a little poking around on the net and found this site. Looks like a lot of cool and useful information and some really helpful people. I've never had my motorcycle endorsement, so I have a safety class next weekend that ends with a DOL waiver, then I'll be hittin' the road. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and hope to be seeing, talking and even riding with some fellow max owners. Later.

Darrin

Welcome to the best VMax Forum Guys... Make new friends and stick around...

madfu: You being so new to bikes and buying a VMax scares me. I hope it scares
you too, that way you'll keep the shiny side up. It's kinda like shooting a 50 BMG
as your first firearm.. Don't let it get the better of you....

spec ops, I really do appreciate your concern, but I've been around motorcycles in one form or another most of my life, just never owned a street bike. The main thing I get from that is knowing about the Vmax and respecting it. I see you are on this forum a lot and will respect any comments or suggestions you might have. Talk to you later. :punk:

Darrin

New member from Cornwall, UK

Hi! Iv'e had my '97 49-state full power import for just over a year and I'm just completing a rebuild (with the help of a friend). Discovered this site when having a few probs with the exhaust spraying fuel all over the workshop. Turned out to be a breather problem.

Anyway again hi! Pics will get posted as soon as she goes back together - which is hopefully next week.

I've owned a lot of bikes over the years but ofg them all (cruisers, retro muscle, sports bikes) the Vmax is by far and away the bike I gel with and want to hang on to for ever!

Welcome Eagle!................Like yourself, I have had many bikes over the years and found the Max is the one I had been waiting for, cant ride it without hitting the boost and it always puts a smile on my face!..............take care..........Tom.

Hello, I just got a 85 vmax from a friend yesterday. He had it sitting out side by the coast for 7 years... I spent a total of 12 hours of driving to get this bike home. It's probably going to take a lot of work, hopefully its not like putting money into a leaky boat.
ry%3D400

hopefully this picture isn't to depressing, just wanted you guys to know what I'm working with.

Last edited:
Hi Fellows,
Just purchased my first VMax and joined the forum. The VMax is a 1995, black with 24,000 miles. I was afraid of it at first but I have now had it a week or so and have experienced "the boost"! Really like the bike. Anyway, at this point I'm in the learning stages in regards to the bike and hopefully in the future, I'll be able to contribute to the forum. Good to be here........Thanks

The salt air has not been kind to the ole Max.....................Looks like quite an undertaking there my friend................Good luck and welcome to the site!

Hello, I just got a 85 vmax from a friend yesterday. He had it sitting out side by the coast for 7 years... I spent a total of 12 hours of driving to get this bike home. It's probably going to take a lot of work, hopefully its not like putting money into a leaky boat.
ry%3D400

hopefully this picture isn't to depressing, just wanted you guys to know what I'm working with.

ek... it might be.

Welcome to those of you new here.. Looks like A7banh will be spending lots of time here... Wow, that's gotta be the biggest restore I've ever seen.. CaptainKyle has on that sat out for 4 years but I think yours will be an even bigger job.... Good Luck..

Good luck , I hope the P.O. gave it to you . Salt air / Coast location / 7 years ........ as Lurch would say ........ uhhhhhhhhhhhh . Welcome to the forum .

ry%3D400

Welcome ! I hope you got it cheap you have a big project on your hands

Ya got it for free, instruments on the handle bars don't work, rust in the tank, front breaks, and clutch don't work. I'm afraid of putting a new battery in, curious to see whats working but I'm sure things with short circuit. My plan is to clean the carbs, drain fluids, than replace electrical.

Latest posts

Back