Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI all just a note to say hi, loving the forum as great for info regarding tuning the gen 1 bike, currently converting mine to fuel injection, flywheel being machined at present for the extra inputs required for the CDI. Hopefully be up and running in the next few weeks, will require injectors changing as a bit small, but will keep you updated and post pics/dyno graph accordingly. Thanks Sean

Welcome to the forum.

Hey richmond VA with a 1985 restoration vmax
100_2145_zpsebab414a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_2146_zps1c89b99b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hello everyone from Apex, N.C.. Been creeping around for a while. I do not have a Vmax yet, but I am on the search for a 2nd generation. I currently ride a 2003 kawasaki zzr1200 and a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R. I hope to consolidate and get down to a low milage gen. 2 Vmax. If you are in the Raleigh, area, let me know, I ride with all types of bikes.

Howdy all

New member here from Ireland. I've been trawling the site and I see a few familiar names from this side of the pond. I've owned my 92 for the last 14 yrs. Also got a GSXR1100 Slingshot, Zx12r and a monkey bike. Vmax has just been mobilised for this year - as my wife says you only got one ass :rofl_200:

Howdy all

New member here from Ireland. I've been trawling the site and I see a few familiar names from this side of the pond. I've owned my 92 for the last 14 yrs. Also got a GSXR1100 Slingshot, Zx12r and a monkey bike. Vmax has just been mobilised for this year - as my wife says you only got one ass :rofl_200:

Welcome Ciderking. This IMHO is a great forum, and ask any question that you have.

What's up everyone,
New member here, I'm a white male, 25 Y/O and just got my Vmax (92).
Bought it with some upgrades already, and am loving it, considering I just came from a
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125.

Little by little, I'll be fixing up the old Yammie, and make it more modern/better handling.
As a side note, I can't believe this user name was available, (until now lol)

Howdy all

Welcome and nice looking Maxx. One of my Blackbird forum buddies from across the pond bought a bright red Bird not long ago. His wife took a look at it and said " It's a bit pimpy , innnit ? " Still got coffee in my keyboard. Welcome again.

Morning all, Im Jase from Wolverhampton UK and am a new VMax owner. Previous bikes are Ducati 916. 2x Gsxr 1000's, 2x gsxr 750's, gsx 1100 efe, Gsxr 600 Harley Deuce and a few crossers. I purchased the Vmax on Monday and love it. May have a clutch issue but Ive posted that on the clutch thread. Anyway im off now to give it a polish!

Thought Id introduce myself, been lurking around the forum for some time. I am really happy to have found this forum, alot of good info...

Name is Tom, live in Sweden. Bought a 1998 V Max back in mid April... I was going to buy a "new" car, but saw the V Max standing in the shop, forgot about the car, memory is kinda blurred, but suddenly I had a paper in my hand that said "Owner of a 1998 Yamaha V Max 1200"....

IMAG0360_zps49f565a8.jpg

IMAG0361_zps2a4944f7.jpg

IMAG0359_zps098ac034.jpg

Going back many moons my older brother had a 1987 something V Max. I really liked the looks of the bike. I rode it several times and just loved that the bike was just insane. It would not do twisty roads, brakes were, well... chassies flexed like boiled spagetti, etc... racing it street light to street light it was AMAZING, it is just a Hoolinga bike :punk: Any ways... I made myself a promise that one day Ill buy myself a V Max, of not for any other reason that it is just insane, kinda stupid really but I loved it...

Fast forward many moons and I had kinda forgot about the V Max.. Reason was that this took most of my time and most of al money...

1401553911316_zpsc5259c2c.jpg

So back to mid April 2014. First I kinda thought - What the hell have I done? Went and bought a motorcycle, Im insane... But then I started to think about it and it al made sense :clapping: - I am the owner of a badass Musclecar, so ofcourse I need to own a muscle bike aswell..

Thanks for reading... -Cheers!

/Tom

Ps. Sadly the Max and I had a small insident a little over a month ago.. Twisty road, gravel al over the tarmac in two close and tight bends, got through the first bend but in the middle of the second I was out of talant and Lady Luck was not riding with me... ended up in a ditch... Any way.. It could have been worse, both are a little banged up but recovering nicely.. Both will be back on the road soon... -To be continued...

Hi! I'm new to the forums. I just thought I'd drop a line. I'm from Kansas City. Anyone near me feel free to pm. I'm always looking for good people to ride with. I've been riding for around 37 years (started riding dirt at 7 years old). My first bike I had was a 81 kz 750 at the age of 14 lol. I have 98 vmax all stock with supertrap slip on's.

Hi all. New to Vmax's....I am a BMW rider primarily. I own an R1200S which is simply outstanding to ride. Why a vmax? A little background...

I'm a member of the military, and I have a long training event out in California, Santa Maria Area. Without making this a long story, the BMW is on a moving truck in Colorado while I'm out here. In order to facilitate getting back and forth to LA to see my girlfriend, I wanted to pick up a cheap set of wheels to ride. I spotted a 2000 Vmax with 15000 miles on it. Been sitting for a bit, little rust on her from being outside. After talking with the owner, it fired right up. Offered 3k on the spot and he accepted. Bike came with a brand new muffler (the whole thing) and several parts on the right side (bike was dropped on the right, fortunately not laid down at speed).

So, in any case I won't have need for it in 3 months and I won't be able to take it along. If you spot it here on the forums for sale, well...I just wanted to be honest up front. Not trying to flip it, just want something to ride for a bit. Likely, I will just try to sell for what I put in.

Great to meet all of you...and I'll have to say, this being my first cruiser I kinda like the thing :).

Collin

Latest posts

Back