Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

Just got myself an '06 vmax, and found this website... Looks like a lot of good information on here...

Later,

Tony

:moped2:

Hey all,

Just got myself an '06 vmax, and found this website... Looks like a lot of good information on here...

Later,

Tony

:moped2:

Hi Tony!

Welcome to the forum. :cheers: Post up some pictures of your new ride! :punk:

Well I just realised I've been hanging and posting for a little while, but never dropped in here to say hi!

I got meself a 1986 V-Max with 37k miles, for too much $$ but I just had to have it :biglaugh:
It's all black, including FatMax hard bags and filled in blacked out scoops. In fact the faux-tank and front fender are actually a really really dark metallic blue - loox great in the sun but otherwise seems black. This bike is actually featured on the FatMax website and used to be known as 'Musclebagger' :rofl_200:

It goes like shit off a shovel - just like a remember my first V-Max ride many years ago. I could never afford one then, so I'm well chuffed to finally have one now!

Since feeling like I was gonna get killed by the speed wobbles a few times, I found out some previous (retarded) PO forgot some parts when refitting the rear wheel, and that's killed the rear rotor and pads. I have a new rotor on the way, new pads, and the missing collar. I also think I've found OEM shocks, which is great cos the replacements on mine (progressive?) are shorter and I can't get the bike on its centre stand! Also I don't really think they help the handling much, and I'm tall enough to NOT want any lowering..

Anyway, great site here, helpful and knowledgeable folks - that's the shit I'm after!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Howdy y'all! I just picked up a 1997 Vmax off ebay on Wednesday. Been wanting a Max for 6 years, but didn't finally get one until just now. I'm new to this forum but not new to forums at all.....I DO know how to use the search button hahaha
Ride Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! I picked my Max up about a month ago now and after getting the charging system up to par, finally, I rode for the first time today. After a few hours of low speed figure 8's and stop and rights in the parking lot at work, it was time to put the Max back on the trailer and head home... to work on it some more. Plug wires, plugs, battery, clutch master kit, and carb cleaning/adjusting are now on the priority list. Learning the lean was easier than I thought it would be with such a heavy bike. It probably would have been a little easier if I didn't have to mess with the throttle to keep it running during the manuevers. Clutch master is leaking, so there's only about 1/2 lever, causing a lunge or killing the motor when going into gear from a stop. THAT is the first thing I need to fix at this point. With clutch lever in, 1st gear engaged, flat ground with no brake applied, I can't keep the bike from moving with my feet on the ground. That sucks. So, with all the little problems making it harder to ride, and not laying it down or even really feeling threatened at all, I feel that my first day riding was a total success and a helluva lotta fun! :clapping: I can't wait for all the nickle and diming to end so I can actually go riding. I'm almost a little scared of what it's going to be like when it's running right. It's got plenty enough for me right now running as shitty as it is. To give an idea of how shitty it is, I had a buddy of mine ride it and he said he knows that his 750 Honda-Davidson chopper would beat it. So, yeah, it's running really shitty.
I guess I've used up enough time of yours if you've read this far so I'll end it here. Even though my Max is probably the biggest turd on this forum, I still love it!!

Dale

A quick blurb just to introduce myself. Name is Vin, I am a videographer/photographer and live in eastern Connecticut, been into bikes my whole life, and just picked up my first VMax, a blue '92 with just under 20k on it. Needed the carbs taken apart and cleaned (idle circuit was gummed up really badly), stator cover leak stopped (PO had stripped the threads for the 2 screws, I tapped and put inserts in, new oring and gasket), added SS clutchline, SS screw kit, carb sync, wider bars, windshield, other odds and ends. Runs really well now, but my one problem is that I'm hooked on the power rush I get from this thing and my '95 Magna is just sitting in the garage looking lonely. Luckily for it, my wife, Cheryl, doesn't find riding on the back of the Max comfortable and so we take the Magna (with it's Mustang Wide Regal seat) whenever we go 2 up.
Love this bike--so many aftermarket parts available and a very easy bike to work on.
Upcoming mods planned all have to do with the suspension. Brakes will be number 2, maybe upgrade to some Hayabusa parts. However, for the rest of this riding season, the only other thing I'm doing is putting a Shinko 170 80 15 on the rear and some blue led bulbs in the speedo and instrument cluster...
BTW, I've belonged to a couple of other MC forums (Delphi Magna forum for one) that have been helpful, but this site is DA BOMB!! Thanks to all who participate here.
http://www.FirstTakeStudios.com/Max/Maxbgblur1000x.jpg

Hi all! My name is Sebasti?n and I'm from Argentina. This past Saturday completed one of my dreams that started in 1990 when first saw this beautiful bike!
I have just buyed a 1986 black max that need's a lot of love.
I consider myself a beginner and know that this is not a beginners bike, but I will love to learn with her and enjoy a lot building and leaving her in cherry state.

Sorry for my english and I will open a post with pictures and steps in this restoration project.

Sebastian

Re: Newbie

Yo Danquin, stay away from the 85 or early 86 because of the second gear issue. Seems as though you are not saving that much when buying a newer bike anyway. Personally, I would look for a 96 or newer. Screw on oil filter, newer electronic pick ups, bigger forks etc. Try to find one that someone else spent all the money on. Be wary of tricked motors and the like. The bolt on goodies are mostly safe bets like back rests, custom seats, all the bling, drag bars, forward controls stuff like that are safe mods with little worry if they were done right. Welcome aboard. I live in SW FL.
See you at the VMOA site too I hope. PATMAX.

Hello all. I just recently picked up an 06 Vmax and love it. The seller cranked it up and the Kerker exhaust note fired up and I said ok sold. What a great bike. I look forward to stopping in and getting some useful info and shootin the stuff.

Later,
Brian

Hey Guys! I've been a member for a few months now and found quite a few usefull tips
on the forum...just thought it was time to introduce myself. I've a Yamaha guy for 32 years now and am on my second V-max..I still like the rush of the ride and always will,
You guys have really got a lot of helpfull members and am glad I found this sight!!!

Greetings to the new members! Come on in anytime, look around, search all the valuable info, ask questions, post pics of your Vmax and enjoy the conversations. :eusa_dance:

Welcome vmx61.....Glad you enjoy the site, there's a bunch of good people on here that'll help you if you need it, and there's some like me who don't know anything but just enjoy the company. :biglaugh:

Hey guys, bernie here. i've been a member for a few weeks now & can't believe all the help,tips,and support the forum has to offer. sorry i haven't posted here first, just jumped right in. Bought my 1st Max last winter & am
very pleased with him.
Thanks All

Hello all!

Lookin' at gettin' a new Max... just like everyone else I suppose. Guess I'll have some luck gettin one this time next year?

Hello. I have been on this site nonstop for the last few days.
I have been reading the post's and been getting alot of usefull info.
About a week and a half ago i picked up a 1992 V-Max with 14238 miles on it.
It has been sitting for about 4 years then it was started back up for about 1 year and then it sat for another 7-8 year's and now it is mine.
The bike was my dad's so i am the second owner.
I currently have a 2007 ninja 500r with alot of mod's so i call it a ZX5r!
I just got the Max running about 5 day's ago and i love this bike. I also ordered an exhaust a few day's ago and am hopping it will be in today.
I live in Fresno, CA. Is there any one here from fresno of the surrounding area?
BTW i will be running the max at the drag strip next weekend. Is there any pointers with this bike i should know about?

Welcome to the forum. And Congrats on the VMax.
Your going to get a lot of opinions. The best thing to do is keep reading the posts in the areas you are interested in. There are a lot of discussions on dragging and handling.
Search for drags, 1/4 mile times, launching, and track. That sould bring up some good posts pertaining to racing. There are good posts on 1/8 mile times too.
There is so much info in here it is sometimes difficult to find everything. But it's in here.
Enough info to make your head swell.
Be patient and get to know your VMax before you push the limits, is about the only advice I can give you.

:punk:

Hello everyone,I'm Dave and I've been on here about a week now And have found what seem to be alot of people that love their max.You can't put a price on the info from a site like this,you can't get alot of this stuff from a book.My bike was a nice surprise,I've always loved these bikes because of their badass looks,the way they sound and the way they grab peoples attention.My wife sat me down in front of the computer a couple weeks back and asked me"do you like that bike"that bike of course being a vmax.Of course I replied"Hell Yeah"."It's yours"she said you just have to pick it up.I went to PA that weekend and brought her home.It was a low mileage 86 (13200 miles)but thats ok I like projects.Itook the carbs out and cleaned them,and am currently waiting for my new fuel tank and various other parts,o-rings,sending unit,and a few carb gaskets and o-rings.It's my first max so I'll be asking alot of questions,bear with me.Thanks and it's good to be onboard.Dave C

Back