Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Iv`e been here `bout 3weeks now and have gained a world of knoledge thanks to everyone here but, I have a general question::

Can someone explain to me how to post your user name and birthday on the calendar ??
Sure would appreciate it .
Thanx, Dave.:eusa_dance:

Hello everyone. My name is jerry, I live in ne Pa. I just acquired my first vmax and i think i'm gonna dig it. I've had many bikes in the past but most recently an 03 Kawi zrx1200r and an 89 Suzuki Katana 1100 that i just sold. Soooo, I just wanna say hi and thanks for all the great info you guys share.

Thanks fellas. Heres a few pics.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3ob3pd3lbZZZZZZZZZ9382349eee8113514f9.jpg
    3ob3pd3lbZZZZZZZZZ9382349eee8113514f9.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Velocitus Maximus 002.jpg
    Velocitus Maximus 002.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
bike's lookin' great and well sorted! Welcome Jerry, and beware of the mod monkey he's been lurkin' around and latching on to anyone with any spare pennies..

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Bike ever, a 97 Vmax. A lot of bike for a beginner I know, but I didn't want to spend money on a "beginner bike" only to grow out of it and want somthing better. My dad has had quite a few bikes and has always like the Vmax. After some research I found they had all the things I wanted in a bike. So just today I purchaced a nice 97 silver Vmax with 22,000 miles on the clock. It runs excelent and has a custom stainless exhaust (not sure of the brand but it sounds wicked) Custom seat, and aftermarket handle bars and mirrors. Needs some cosmetic work, I plan to paint it black. So far I have only tooled around in a parking lot, need a lot more practice but I love it. Ill have to get some pics up later.

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Bike ever, a 97 Vmax. A lot of bike for a beginner I know, but I didn't want to spend money on a "beginner bike" only to grow out of it and want somthing better. My dad has had quite a few bikes and has always like the Vmax. After some research I found they had all the things I wanted in a bike. So just today I purchaced a nice 97 silver Vmax with 22,000 miles on the clock. It runs excelent and has a custom stainless exhaust (not sure of the brand but it sounds wicked) Custom seat, and aftermarket handle bars and mirrors. Needs some cosmetic work, I plan to paint it black. So far I have only tooled around in a parking lot, need a lot more practice but I love it. Ill have to get some pics up later.

Welcome to the group, 1stmax. You're right, the Vmax is not really not a beginner's bike. But now that you've got it, be careful. You will get used to it and more confident as time goes by. A word of caution, make sure you aim the bike and have a clear, straight and open road in front of you when you hammer the throttle for the first time. It will be an unforgettable experience. Read this thread for other's first experiences on the Vmax: Your first thoughts your first time on a VMax?

Welcome to the forum! Weslich is right, the Vmax is a lot of bike to learn on but if you take your time to learn it is very rewarding motorcycle to own.
I would also suggest that you look into the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's rider course. It will teach you much about how to handle a motorcycle properly and can also qualify you to get your motorcycle license in Michigan.
Best of luck with your new ride and once you get a few pictures post them up so we can see your new ride. :thumbs up:

Here are some pictures:
100_3811.jpg

100_3814.jpg

100_3812.jpg

You can't really tell in the pics but the previous owner had the scoops powder coated silver. The powder coat is failing and rubbing off where your legs hit. I plan to strip off the powder coat and polish them.

Can anyone identify this seat or exhaust? I love both of them just wonder what they are, I have never seen a seat like this.

Sorry Bro, can't help you but damn. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice riiiiiiiiide!!!! You picked one HELL of a first bike man.
:biglaugh:
-

I believe that exhaust is a Marks Performance Pipes exhaust and the seat does look a little like Sean's Muscle Seat. Very nice looking bike 1ST!

Thanks for the compliments. I think you are right Redbone, I listened to the sound file on marks performance pipes website and it sounds a lot like mine. That exhaust system is $825.00!! looks like I may have gotten a better deal on this bike than I thought. The seat is very comfortable, I would have liked to sit on a stock one to see the difference. Ive heard is like sitting on a log.

I don't think you are going to miss sitting on a stock seat. I had one on mine when I bought it 2 years ago and I'm still trying to put the memories out of my mind. Normally after about 70 -80 miles your butt would get sore and/or start going numb, and there are not too many ways you could move to make it feel better. That being said I don't have mine cut down as much so my new Muscle Seat allows me to move to the front if I wanted w/o racking the package.

Hi fellow Max owners! I've posted a few times in the forum, but guess I should introduce myself.

Good friends call me Boomer, so that's what I go by on the net. Long story, got the nickname back when I was a teenager.

I'm 44, and have basically been riding bikes my whole life, since like 3rd grade when my brother and I shared a Honda Trail 70. Live in Austin TX, a little piece of southern paradise.

As far as street bikes go, I've only owned sport bikes up till now, but decided to give something else a try so traded my '08 CBR600RR for an '05 V-Max. My brother and me have been big bike heads all our lives, and have both had a man crush on the Max since they came out in '85. So here I am 24 years later, finally getting one, haha.

I've had the Max a bit over a week, and so far I love it. The power isn't overwhelming to me after the bikes I've owned recently, but I'd say the power is "just right" power. A lot, but not overwhelming like a couple recent 1k sport bikes I've owned.

I'm not as down on the Max's handling as I expected; I took it out for a nice ride yesterday through some local twisties, and admit it was damn fun.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to giving it a little TLC, polishing up any rough edges it has from it's previous existance, and enjoying it. I've already gotten a ton of good advice on the board, and look forward to much more.

A couple pics; not artistic, just in the garage. I'll try to get some nicer ones sometime. First mod I think will be one of Sean's Muscle Seats.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2443ss.JPG
    IMG_2443ss.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2448ss.JPG
    IMG_2448ss.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 70
Very nice '05, Boomer. Very nice. Love the Cobras. Give me a call if you get near Houston & we can hook up for a ride.

Back