Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be the jealous one when I get my ass handed to me by a heavily moded 05. I love the paint on that year.

I'm a new member. I was in the Vmax game back in 00, 01, and the first part of 02. I've missed my Vmax and sold my 2007 R6 to get another one. I'm glad I did. I've had a bit over 30 different bikes ranging from BMWs, an Aprilia, KTM, and several from the big four. I like sportbikes, cruisers, standards, touring bikes, and restore vintage british and 60s japanese bikes with my father in law.

We're working on a 305 scrambler right now. Just finished getting the motor back together.

I've been riding since I was 10 and on the street since I was 18 (I'm 34 now)

Welcome to all the new comers,..and the best in the new year. Check out the chat , browse the forums ,..and don't forget to check out the tech section, loaded with good stuff.

Welcome to the forum George and Mr P...err... uum... (sorry my brain just wondered)...

Anyway... Welcome to the forum both of you. and To ALL...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
:band::th_image003::party:

I'm a new member, first post. A few weeks ago, I bought a nearly perfect '01 Carbon Fiber VMax. I've been a VMax admirer since '85 when I sold my last bike, an '80 650 Maxim, because we just had a new baby. Well now the kids are grown, so I finally fulfilled my dream of owning one of these rare and unique muscle bikes. Looking forward to having lots of good times on my "new" Max.

Welcome Weslich!! You've just found THE best Vmax online resource and bunch of nutters..

We're all here to help, and enjoy the Max!

Welcome Weslich to the Forum, post some pictures of the 01 Carbon when you get a chance. Great people here, come back often and enjoy. yeah naughtyG is a right, a bunch of nutters:biglaugh:

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Here's a pic of the max.

IMAGE_046.jpg

just thought that i would pop in and introduce myself... My name is chad, I enjoy drag racing, tire smoke, and cold beer.

It's good to meet all of you. :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

just thought that i would pop in and introduce myself... My name is chad, I enjoy drag racing, tire smoke, and cold beer.

It's good to meet all of you. :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Well thats 3 things we have in common, glad to have ya abord Chad.

Hey all, about to have my vmax delivered tomorrow morning. I'm moving up from my first bike - a GS500. I always knew I'd trade up to a VMax at some point but didn't think I'd be able to afford one so soon. I found one last week in great shape '99 carbon model with 22K kms. Paid $5300.

I can't wait for spring to come this year. I don't think i'll ever have to trade up again. I'm going to ride this bike into the ground.

Anyone have a link to a maintenance schedule for this bike? The previous owner has had it for 2 years and only put about 4K kms on it and hasn't done anything other than oil changes so I'm not sure if anything critical should be done.

Peace.

Weslich-
Here's a color/exposure corrected version of your shiny beast pic...that's a sweet looking '01. Keep the rubber side down, bro.

Attachments

• IMAGE_046.jpg
    IMAGE_046.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 26
Hey all, about to have my vmax delivered tomorrow morning. I'm moving up from my first bike - a GS500. I always knew I'd trade up to a VMax at some point but didn't think I'd be able to afford one so soon. I found one last week in great shape '99 carbon model with 22K kms. Paid $5300.

I can't wait for spring to come this year. I don't think i'll ever have to trade up again. I'm going to ride this bike into the ground.

Anyone have a link to a maintenance schedule for this bike? The previous owner has had it for 2 years and only put about 4K kms on it and hasn't done anything other than oil changes so I'm not sure if anything critical should be done.

Peace.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: You can download the owner's manual here: http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/owners_manual.pdf .
That will have the maintenance schedule in it. You can also get the service manual here :whistlin:http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/VMX12-Service-Manual.pdf

Hello, been a member for about a month now and enjoy this much better than yahoo vmoa.Cancelled the freakin yahoo thing. Been on v maxs since 2002 and it all started with a 93 stocker with only pipe and jets.Sold my 5.0 to pay for it and never looked back.Fast foward and ended up with 2 chain drive with one on the bottle.I am all about the drag race but the bike has to be streetable .To date i got a best e/t of 6.07 and 119.7 mph 1/8 .Bike was driven there no wheelie bars and no struts with street strip tire.Looking forward to 09 hope to get to know you all . JOHN MAY USMC

Hello, been a member for about a month now and enjoy this much better than yahoo vmoa.Cancelled the freakin yahoo thing. Been on v maxs since 2002 and it all started with a 93 stocker with only pipe and jets.Sold my 5.0 to pay for it and never looked back.Fast foward and ended up with 2 chain drive with one on the bottle.I am all about the drag race but the bike has to be streetable .To date i got a best e/t of 6.07 and 119.7 mph 1/8 .Bike was driven there no wheelie bars and no struts with street strip tire.Looking forward to 09 hope to get to know you all . JOHN MAY USMC

Welcome John!

John Post some pics for us.. If your not sure man just ask we will walk ya through it, sounds like ya have some nice rides..

Yahoo VMAX group sucks! I got thrown off there within a week, I couldnt put up with the idiots over there.

This forum is the best so far I came across, and I would say 25% of the regular posters I like. Most on here are just viewers which I should be, but hell I have fun posting and replying here.

Latest posts

Back