Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Allow me to introduce myself...

Sorry, saw the sticky the instant after posting. No edit feature?

Welcome!! Happy to hear you are enjoying your Max!! They are addictive!

Sounds like you got a great Max! It indeed has most of the mods most people would go for at first. One that wasn't listed was the seat - if you want comfort get a Muscle Seat :)

And welcome to the site - it does really rock in here and there's always help when you need it.

Howdy doo!

Lot's good guys and knowledge on this board! Best vmax source going!

oh yeah -

:ttiwwp:

Lets see the beast!!!
________
starcraft replays

Last edited:
Here's a quick pic of it
vmax.jpg

That was from the ebay listing I bought it from, haven't actually taken any pictures of it myself yet.

Being a Vmax n00b, here's a couple questions
-Is the Avon Venom rear tire any good? It only had about 500 mi on it when I bought the bike. Lots of people seem to say that Avon tires aren't that good. IMO it's just fine. It never breaks loose, holds corners well, and does not wobble or vibrate. "V" rated for speed(150mph I believe?). However many people I talk to insist that Avon are inferior, though looking around reveals that Avon and Metzeler are both brands of Cooper. Any actual tests or truth? I just can't take the "backyard mechanic consensus" without some facts backing it up. There is a Bridgestone Spitfire on the front, which is maybe 2/3 worn out. Is it true that mis-matching tread can cause problems(stability, cornering, ect?)

-What causes "speed wobble" and how can I minimize it? In the couple extra-legal throttle cranks on the interstate, when it occurs seems to vary, anywhere between 110 and 130. Again, lots of people I know have lots of different opinions but nobody knows really why (they tell me it's the Avon tire). I first experienced this on the Magna, when going down a very steep hill I got 120 and quite suddenly it started to wobble hard, I about crapped my pants and thought for sure I was going off(the Suzuki never had this issue :p).

-The seat is next on my list. I ordered an air-cusion pad off ebay for pretty cheap, one of my friends has one and seems really satisfied with it for his R6. But after dropping over $5k after tax, DMV fees, ect, I really don't have another $500 to drop on an aftermarket seat, so hopefully this $30 cushion can tide my butt over for a while.

Kizer Sosa here (you guys can call me Mike, or anything else you want for that matter, can't be any worse than what my wife calls me). Just took posession of a 1989 Max. Like most of you I have rode many bikes over the years, I have been riding off and on since 1968. I had noticed over the years that the Max was one of those bikes that everyone, HD guys, sportbike guys, etc., always gave props to or talked about with begrudging respect. Now I know what they were talking about. It has a few mods but I will be doing more. This site seems like a great starting point. A lot of knowledge and friendly folks. I live just outside of Atlanta, so if anybody is in the area and needs assistance give me a yell. I will try to post some pic's in the future. Ride safe.

Hey Guys:

I'm a new member here and have been checking out some of the good stuff on offer. As you can see, I've listed my bike as a "Wannabe V-Max" given that I have yet to purchase one.

I made an offer on this 2007, bone stock Vmax yesterday evening. I offered the seller $7,000.00 given that mid book on it is $7200, from my calculations according to KBB.com and given that it has had a very slow speed lay down and thus some minor scraping on the cans, Rad, clutch lever, and brake fluid reservoir. Here's a pic I snapped with my phone:

SSPX0687.jpg

SSPX0683.jpg

So, like I say, I'm still working on getting one. If anybody knows of a nice one around the Portland Oregon area, let me know. Also, if there are any nice ones that members are regretfully having to let go of, I may be interested in those as well, even if the bike has to be shipped.

Here is a picture of my other ride, which I am keeping. It's a supercharged Triumph Rocket III with a sidecar. I unhooked the sidecar a couple of days ago just to have some fun on two wheels, but I really need to get a ride that is a dedicated two wheeler, because the sidecar is a pain in the rear to disconnect.

SSPX0302.jpg

Great place everyone!! Been lurking around here for several months and recently joined. I've owned an 85 max for about 15 years, bought it in 94. Wanted one when I owned my first road bike, a V65 Magna, always said 'The V-Max would be the only bike I would trade my Honda in for' and it was true. I traded my 84 V65 (bought when I was just out of high school) for my 85 Max, Never looked back since( althought to be honest I miss the overdrive on the V65 ). When she was my daily driver in years past, I did some minor mods nothing big. That will change, looking at all your bike on this forum I must say I am truly impressed and motivated!

But now I have to deal with the present, the begining of this summer I pulled the poor girl out of extended storage, 7 years :bang head: , and boy does she hate me. Carbs a mess, fork seals leaking, battery dead, tires no good, and on and on........ Well like they say the worst abuse you can do to anything is not use it! Even my CR500 hates that I haven't rode them in over 7 years(another story for another board I guess).

Anyway she is almost ready for her first ride of the summer, yea I know it is late in the Year. But better late than never!! Atleast my wife will get off my back for not being able to go riding for so long!

I also have to do a hats off for a member here, one2dmax (Morley's Muscle) is one fantastic guy!!! He helped me locate some parts I was in need of and got them shipped out faster than I should have been asking for. My hats off to him and if everyone here on the forum is half of what this guy is, this is one fine place to be associated with! :clapping:

Here looking forward to a continued V-max filled future!!!!! As soon as I perform some more TLC I will get some pics up............ Nice to meet everyone!!!!

Ballistic

hello all,
new member from the land down under. i've owned many moto's (mostly rice rockets) and mikemax04 has truely sumed up how i'm feeling about this bike "There seems to be something hypnotic about the Max and it's got us all under its spell. i can also relate to another new member scratch "Again I couldn’t be happier. I think it will be a long friendship." because of my past moto's light, fast and nimble i would have thought this bike would not suit me but it does. i come home from every ride with such satisfaction it goes to the core of who i am. yea yea she's a heavy ass beast that takes a bit of skill to massage the best out of her but it's oh-so perdictable to me. before i know it i'm sitting back in my garage with the biggest shit eating grin, taking off my gear laughing my ass off at the other ridders that thought they could pull away from me but didn't/couldn't (actually didn't have a chance) and my whole body feels relaxed from the exsperience compaired to my rice rockets that left me feeling i was on the edge of death. go figure a bike that kicks ass, feels fantasticly safe, sucure and dare i say comfortable? i don't think it's just me but this heavy ass beast has got more than a few things right.......

Hi to all Vmax maniacs here!

I am just on vacation with my 98 Vmax in Austria. Not really the perfect bike for the Alps but still doing quite well on the straights...
Still thinking whether to buy a new one but they are really crazy with the price here in Europe...
I am still meeting lots of other first generation Vmax riders around here in this area. Lots of nice conversions. I even saw one with a 330 rear tire and shaft drive.
It also seems to be a good market for our Vmax merchandise. I think we have to think about German language versions of our T-Shirt.

Take care!
circus-vmaximus.com
Mike

bonjour

je m appelle bruno j habite en france , j ai 43 ans mari? avec 3 enfants

j ai un vmax modifi? en 1500cc plus d autre bricole

j aimerais avoir quelque renseigement car j aimerais mont? un supercharged sur mon vmax

excusez moi de ne pas parl? anglais:confused2:

a bientot

bonjour

je m Apple Bruno j habitu? en France , j AI 43 ans mari? avec 3 enfants

j ai un vmax modifi? en 1500cc plus d autre bricole

j aimerais avoir claque renseigement car j aimerais mont? un supercharged sur mon vmax

excusez moi de ne pas parl? anglais:confused2:

a bientot

http://www.imagehotel.net/?from=6d0fvymcp1.jpg

Bruno,

Welcome to the forum! I can read and understand French but it's very difficult for me to write. So here's a translation for you

My name is Bruno and I live in France. I'm 43 years old and married with three children.

I have a 1500cc modified Vmax with other things. I would like to mount a supercharger on my Vmax.

Excuse me because I can't speak English. :confused2:

See you soon

Salut Bruno

moi j'm'appele Gaetan et je vis en Floride. Il y avait un mec ici qui avait une Max avec un superchargeur, et il la vendait un pi?ces d?tach?es.. Si je retrouve le message je le posterai ici. Je crois que son nom/avatar est 'nobody'.

merci gaetan

si tu pouvais regard? pour moi ?a serais cool , car avec le traducteur c pas simple

ce qui me fraudrais ,c de savoir si c compatible avec le kit 1500cc formula que j ai

et si le kit ce fait complet pret a mont? et le prix

merci d avance

un ptit bonjour de la franceeeeeeeeeeeeeee:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

desol? pour la taille de la photo si un modo peut la reduire ?a serais cool

car je n y arrive pas:ummm:

hey firends i am new to the site so i have a 1985 vmax that has 300000 miles in it and i have a question do you guy and girls know how much voltage the stator should be putting out

Back