Armed and safe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stricter background checks don't negate the second amendment. Neither would requiring registration (annual) and insurance on firearms.

That still won't do it, as the majority of criminals don't buy guns through legitimate outlets. They get most of them off the streets from other criminals, or steal them.

I agree completely. And that is exactly why we need stricter regulations to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. When someone can just walk into a wal-mart and buy a gun in 15 minutes, something is seriously wrong.

Also, I am not a troll. Are you inferring that anyone with a differing opinion is a troll?

Stricter background checks don't negate the second amendment. Neither would requiring registration (annual) and insurance on firearms.

I'm with you all the way re your opinions, Pete.
I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only MODERATE among the folks that contribute regularly to this forum.
Cheers!
p.s. I also enjoy Dave's posts.
True, he may sometimes intend to stir the pot, but his liberal views are a refreshing change, a different perspective on the usual ultra-conservative rhetoric generally displayed.
Proof positive that your First amendment is also alive and kicking - expressing all opinions should be encouraged!:punk:

Also, I am not a troll. Are you inferring that anyone with a differing opinion is a troll?
Pete....I would never think of you as a troll. I welcome people with differing opinions that can carry on a rational conversation. Someone that ONLY post inflammatory posts.....or responses.....and then hurries up and ducks off of the forum.....is a troll. Also.....if ALL that you post is inflammatory responses.....and don't post anything else of use.....you are a troll. Pete....my friend.....you are not a troll.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

That still won't do it, as the majority of criminals don't buy guns through legitimate outlets. They get most of them off the streets from other criminals, or steal them.
We must start somewhere. If they are generally more difficult top obtain legally, they will be more difficult to obtain illegally. I do NOT want to take away your right to be a responsible gun owner, but there are far too many irresponsible gun owners. The goal is to make them harder to obtain illegally, and help to keep them out of the hands of the "bad guys."

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only MODERATE among the folks that contribute regularly to this forum.
Cheers!
True, he may sometimes intend to stir the pot, but his liberal views are a refreshing change, a different perspective on the usual ultra-conservative rhetoric generally displayed.
Proof positive that your First amendment is also alive and kicking - expressing all opinions should be encouraged!:punk:

Pete....I would never think of you as a troll. I welcome people with differing opinions that can carry on a rational conversation. Someone that ONLY post inflammatory posts.....or responses.....and then hurries up and ducks off of the forum.....is a troll. Also.....if ALL that you post is inflammatory responses.....and don't post anything else of use.....you are a troll. Pete....my friend.....you are not a troll.

Thank you, gentlemen. I only asked because it was posted on the heels of my post.

We must start somewhere. If they are generally more difficult top obtain legally, they will be more difficult to obtain illegally. I do NOT want to take away your right to be a responsible gun owner, but there are far too many irresponsible gun owners. The goal is to make them harder to obtain illegally, and help to keep them out of the hands of the "bad guys."
One question that I have.....how do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals.....when criminals by definition don't obey the law? Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.....and looking at their number of shootings due to gang violence. There is a shooting about every 2 hrs.

Thank you, gentlemen. I only asked because it was posted on the heels of my post.
Hey.....you don't know until you ask. And for the record.....I wouldn't call Miles a troll either. He is THE MAN when it comes to anything electrical.

It will not be possible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It may be possible to make it more difficult for criminals to obtain them, however. I'm not delusional. There is no quick fix. Let's work on progressive changes that still permits responsible owners their guns while making it harder for the"bad guys" to get them. Again, I believe stricter background checks will help. So would competency-based licensing. These are just a couple of ideas. There are people far smarter than me who probably have better ideas.

Cheers!
Proof positive that your First amendment is also alive and kicking - expressing all opinions should be encouraged![emoji14]unk:
Don't feel too bad....my girlfriend is from the UK. She doesn't understand it either.

It will not be possible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It may be possible to make it more difficult for criminals to obtain them, however. I'm not delusional. There is no quick fix. Let's work on progressive changes that still permits responsible owners their guns while making it harder for the"bad guys" to get them. Again, I believe stricter background checks will help. So would competency-based licensing. These are just a couple of ideas. There are people far smarter than me who probably have better ideas.

One gaping hole with this unfortunately. Joe lawful citizen buys a gun (likely multiple). Joe goes out of town. Criminals break into Joe's home and steal his firearms among other things. It is illegal for a criminal to own a gun and it is also illegal to break and enter a home... More laws wont help because everything short of removing the 2nd amendment (ie: mass confiscation) will be insufficient.

Prior to my last boating accident I had over a dozen firearms stored securely at home. However even with an alarm system and good locks someone could still get in and steal some of them if they really wanted to and be out before police arrived. I would give police a copy of the video footage and I would attempt to hunt the bastards down myself but that is a story for another day.

I also believe that trigger locks and gun safes should be mandatory. "Joe's" guns would have been much harder to steal and use had that been the case.

I happen to like these.

Attachments

• Politicize-600-LI.jpg
    Politicize-600-LI.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
  • obamaguns.jpg
    obamaguns.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 29
I also believe that trigger locks and gun safes should be mandatory. "Joe's" guns would have been much harder to steal and use had that been the case.

So we're going to have the Federal Gov't inspecting our homes for violations of these new regulations ? At what cost ? How does this apply to the criminals ? What do you propose next when this set of regs doesn't slow down the criminals , the insane , the terrorists , the next mass shooter ?

I can picture that! A criminal breaks into your house,kills you and your family before you would have time to get your safe open and then have to get your trigger lock off?

Latest posts

Back