August 11 and 12th weekend race?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Talking with Vmax Mike and trying to see if we can hook up and go racing. For me the 12th works. I am doing my last summer fund raiser on the 11th.

I would like to do Lapeer Dragway. One because there aren't many people there. Sunday it will be more crowded though. Saturday is the best day to really go and do some testing.

Mike was looking at Milan Friday the 10th and possibly Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone interested in meeting up ?

Thanks
Todd

No smack on that ride. If it was on saturday i would be attending. If i was to go on this ride on sunday it would be a 766 mile ride in one day for me. I just did 500 for bike week and it wasent bad but i missed out on the night fun. You guy's will get to enjoy the quit without me. You guy's keep the senior citizen awake and on route. I would hate for anything to happen to him. He's like a grandpa to me (US).

:hijacked:Sorry Todd. Back to drag racing. I know lapeer is not the best track but we will get alot of passes in if we go to lapeer. Im in for sure.

No smack on that ride. If it was on saturday i would be attending. If i was to go on this ride on sunday it would be a 766 mile ride in one day for me. I just did 500 for bike week and it wasent bad but i missed out on the night fun. You guy's will get to enjoy the quit without me. You guy's keep the senior citizen awake and on route. I would hate for anything to happen to him. He's like a grandpa to me (US).
Like a grandpa to you:rofl_200: From what I seen last weekend you need all the practice you can get at the strip before you come back to the west side.

At least i step up. All you did was ride around on your chity chity bang bang pile of chit.

Ok next track event if I have my driveshaft problem fixed..... I ll be shooting for low 11's or possibly high 10's !

So who else is ready!

Todd

Not sure if I will be heading out to the track again, I only have 1 drive shaft left lol!

I have a rich mid range I think and I am going to chop the throttle later today and see what the plugs look like.

If I can get a little carb jetting done possibly I ll head out to Lapeer on Sunday and make a few more attempts at 11.00-11.10's!

Todd

Had some fun over the weekend though not as much as I would like.

Vmax only ran a best of 11.43. My best 60' time was 1.70 (11.61 pass letting off). That same pass was in first round of eliminations. Dialed an 11.70 vs the same dial for my opponent. On the "pro" tree had a reaction time of .091 vs his .077. He ran a 11.705 on his 11.70! I think I crossed the "stripe" about 3/4 bike length ahead of him so not a lot. It's hard to win against a competitor like that! He did go on to win that bracket.

The other bike I took went just a bit faster. Finished a build a couple of weeks ago for an old friend that wanted to get back on a Vmax. He came down Thursday and dropped off his trade in and took his new to him vmax home

So, this new bike is a 1987 GSXR 1100 if looking at the title but doesn't look like anything like that anymore. It's a full blown dragbike setup. 1358cc engine, 15:1 compression, 114 race fuel, Lectron carbs, 7" slick (small tire bike), MSD MC-4 Ignition, Procube delay box, Air shifter and air clutch (didn't use the clutch this weekend), MTC lockup, and more.

Had some problems the first day getting it to shift. Ran great and hard in first gear but nothing after that. Ended up being a bad battery. Got that fixed Sunday morning and took it out for it's maiden voyage.

Very first full pass was a 9.07 @ 140 mph with a 1.45 60' time! Now we're talking! Got it back to the trailer and prepped it again (air and fuel), and ran another 9.07 with a 1.33 60' time! OK, try a little harder launch. BINGO, 8.98 @ 145 mph with 1.35 60'! Congratulations, I am now a member of the 8 second club! We haven't done any tuning at all and already running 8's! Stick a light weight guy on here and it's a possible mid 8 bike! Then add the nitrous on it that it's built for and maybe find a seven in there somewhere!

I should have some pics maybe later today hopefully.

The plan was not to keep this bike but give it a few fun runs and see what I could get it to do. I know this bike has been 8.73 with a smaller rider (still not a small rider) and is setup for 8.90 index class and has won a number of NHRA races and a couple of championships.

Todd, still looking for a very well setup dragbike?

Sean

Sounds like you had alot of fun Sean. When you run in the eights at the track did it feel crazy fast and out of control. I know when i run at the track it feel's way slower than on the street. I ran an 8 second busa my first time down the track and he was -uck gone.

Stephen said it. I got my ass kicked on my first run.11.98 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cKG403zjzCY

This is what 3.5 seconds faster looks like. I can run with in .5 seconds of Todd but he is 3 to 5 bike's ahead of me. So one tenth seem's to be a bike length. I have had alot of fun running Todd and i always learn something new watching him. I dont know if Todd will buy your bike but im sure he would be looking to match your run if he did. Sean you might want to take it to the track one more time hell how often do you get to go 8 seconds on a motorcycle. great job Sean.

LOL, I did the first full pass and the 9.07 and pulled my helmet off and said WOW! That was fun! Let's do this again! I was sitting at the end waiting for my tow and all I could think about was how fast was it!

Each time he'd come down and get me with a smile. That last time when I saw him he had the thumbs up so I knew i'd made it!

I know this bike was over $12k to build and i won't be getting anywhere near that out of it. BUT, I got into the bike at a good enough price that I think I can resell it for a fair price that we are all happy with.

Sean

Latest posts

Back