Average mpg/range on a tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgood

Reaction score
Hey folks, new to the forum, great info. I realize it's very much right wrist dependent, but I figured I'd ask based on an average 4gal. tank +/-. Let's say stock to keep it simple!

You should check out the fuel mileage threads. Welcome to the board.

Normal Mpg should be 38-42 on a cruise. Around town or playing hard? Could be in the high 20s.

Lets ride sometime. You're out there between me and marsmax.

On my (when it was stock) 07, I got around 30 mpg in town, and 33-35 on the highway. I'm now getting 40....but thats with different exhaust....tuning....etc.

I have got as little as 78 and as much as 140 on a tank.. Oh both were different bikes and are set up different...both were were the fuel light came on.. 140 I was riding with a bunch of HDs, slow crusing speeds.. 78 with another Max.. at light speeds...

You should check out the fuel mileage threads. Welcome to the board.

Normal Mpg should be 38-42 on a cruise. Around town or playing hard? Could be in the high 20s.

Lets ride sometime. You're out there between me and marsmax.

+1, that's my experience. Aftermarket exhaust, Morley jet kit w/ his air filter and Dyna 3000 ignition (#4 setting, I think) and with a 5 gal tank I get around 160 miles/ tank with ~188 miles was the most out of one tank.

Mileage can also depend upon the fuel being burned - 10% ethanol will net less mpg than will 100% pure dino on an OEM bike setup.

I can get 40mpg on a 95 with K&N drop in filter, supertrapp slip ons,stock engine and stock carb*jetting.Of course it requires ALOT of right wrist control.

I get 33-36 MPG. almost always. Never below 30 and 38 once. I don't ride aggressively much anymore but I never baby it either. 14 or 15 Klm's per litre.

Matt

Back