Battery Heat Shield?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCVmax

Reaction score
Installed Mark's exhaust and realized there isn't a heat shield from the exhaust to the battery. The stock exhaust had a heat shield there. Do you think one is needed??

I don't run one and have had no problems. Have a PC680 battery installed so no worries about a battery going dry. I have seen some guys get the silver heat reflecting tape and put it on the outside of the battery box facing the exhaust. Might be worth a try if you are worried.

Hey OCVmax,
When I put my Mark's Pipes on last fall, I too was concerned that there was no place for a heat shield. But there's enough open area there that prevents the header heat from getting other components "too hot".
Just inspected the area around the headers after a 5.5 hr highway trip with temps in the low 80's ... battery box and all components look just fine. No signs of anything starting to melt, burn, or discolor by getting too hot ! :clapping:

Hey OCVmax,
When I put my Mark's Pipes on last fall, I too was concerned that there was no place for a heat shield. But there's enough open area there that prevents the header heat from getting other components "too hot".
Just inspected the area around the headers after a 5.5 hr highway trip with temps in the low 80's ... battery box and all components look just fine. No signs of anything starting to melt, burn, or discolor by getting too hot ! :clapping:

Yours was fine due to the forced air cooling from the buffeting of my slipstream as I passed you at the Ice Breaker:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Danm Toxic slipstream !!! Wanted to hit triple digits on that straightaway, but had to let up off the throttle at 95+ mph thinking.... "WTF going on here ? " That Toxic slipstream right next to me made things a little bit unstable, like a huge cross wind hitting the bike. Thanks alot Jimmy !!!

Hey, did anyone else notice those Canadian windmills spinning a little faster after Toxic went by them ?? :punk:

30,000 miles with no heat shield and no problems here. I wouldn't worry about it.

Odyssey does make a PC680 with a metal heatshield wrapped around it if you got money to burn....

Thanks for the advice. Have had the exhaust on about a month....no problems but its starting to warm up here (San Diego area) and just wanted to be safe

Back