Beaten by the Busa!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crotchies are a dime a dozen. You go to a local bike night and there are a zillion of them, and they all look the same. The Vmax, however, looks and sounds differently than every other bike there. I went on a poker run this past weekend that was 98% Harley guys and many of them were busy craning their necks to check out my Vmax.

I would love to race some Vmaxs but there aren't many around me. And the few that do know a Busa. They won't try. I know when I sold my 86 Vmax and eventually got a Busa the power and acceleration difference was incredible. Here's mine along way from stock.
IMG_4658_S.jpg

Nice looking Busa. Never would have thought that a camo paint job could look good. The 05-up GSXR tail looks at home too, as to the aftermarket wheel. What exhaust is that? Looks more setup for sho than go. Have you run it at the track? Any times?

Here's our own Smokinzx14 with some music from my brother's old band (the delerium fail). The vmax is a fast bike, but no sport bike. What it loses in performance to the busa, it makes up in personality... although my 14 does have a personality of it's own. It really likes to sneak up on people and then make them drop their cell phones while they're trying to text on the freeway lol

that looks like a brock's gen3 streetsmart system to me... Same exhaust that Dave-O ran :D I've got a spare shorty gen3 for my bike as well.

I would love to race some Vmaxs but there aren't many around me. And the few that do know a Busa. They won't try. I know when I sold my 86 Vmax and eventually got a Busa the power and acceleration difference was incredible. Here's mine along way from stock.
IMG_4658_S.jpg

I'm not usually a CR fan, but I think this bike looks FREAKIN AWESOME !!! Do they make a 6 inch riser for guys like me who can't lay on a rocket ? :biglaugh:

Nice looking Busa. Never would have thought that a camo paint job could look good. The 05-up GSXR tail looks at home too, as to the aftermarket wheel. What exhaust is that? Looks more setup for sho than go. Have you run it at the track? Any times?

It'll go! I've only been to the track once. 9.20 @146mph was my best. Full Hindle, PC3r, airbox mod, dynod at 164rwhp. I'm probably 30 lbs lighter than a stock busa and stretch 5" over.

It'll go! I've only been to the track once. 9.20 @146mph was my best. Full Hindle, PC3r, airbox mod, dynod at 164rwhp. I'm probably 30 lbs lighter than a stock busa and stretch 5" over.

Thats not bad at all. What was your 60', 330', 1/8 et and mph? How much you weigh? Happen to know the DA of the track then? MPH looks low for a piped Busa, especially one with lighter wheels, but rider weight and DA can really affect mph.

Thats not bad at all. What was your 60', 330', 1/8 et and mph? How much you weigh? Happen to know the DA of the track then? MPH looks low for a piped Busa, especially one with lighter wheels, but rider weight and DA can really affect mph.

I don't remember most of the stats, it was 2 years ago. I'm not really a track guy. I was at a track with a bunch of guys I ride with, mostly older HD and cruiser guys, they paid my way and I did 5 or 6 runs that night. I weigh around 210 geared up. I know I can launch good and being 5 over helps a lot. At stock length it tough to keep your front down.

I don't remember most of the stats, it was 2 years ago. I'm not really a track guy. I was at a track with a bunch of guys I ride with, mostly older HD and cruiser guys, they paid my way and I did 5 or 6 runs that night. I weigh around 210 geared up. I know I can launch good and being 5 over helps a lot. At stock length it tough to keep your front down.

You sure can! With your weight, your mph is in the ball park. Yeah, a stk wheelbase busa can give one fits. I've hit 1.51-1.53 60's at stk wheelbase, but the front was bobbing just inches off the ground from right on the line all the way to the 1-2 shift. Could'nt muster anything better. At 5 over, its capable of high 1.3's...no mean feat that!

Someone on a Vmax would have beaten me on my hayabusa. I do well enough riding twisties but drag racing and I aren't friends. I ran my stock (save for the OZ wheels) hayabusa at MIR and ran a flipping awesome 11.8 1/4 mile time. haha. 160hp + someone who can't launch = laughing from the grand stands. Seriously, I think I tied a 1990 FZR600.

Think I'm bad on a bike? I'm worse in a car.

lol, you could take off like you were leaving a stop light and run low 10's. You would be surprised how many people completely screw themselves trying too hard at the tree their first time out.

It wasn't my first time. I bet I've run the strip a dozen times. I'm really bad. I don't think I realized just how much the rear spins on the street though. The track was really tacky and I uh, hooked. Wheelies don't scare me but almost wearing a 600lb Hayabusa as a hat does.

you just need one good test and tune with some people who know what's going on to coach you through everything.

I liked my 'Busa, dropped, stretched, PC, exhaust, sprocketed etc. It was faster than my Max in every way and was smooth to redline in 6th gear. For me though, I miss my VMax more than I do my 'Busa.

Back