best HP mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdunbar123

Reaction score
I am new to the VMAX (07 with 124 original MIles) still doing the breakin. Love horsepower( have a supercharged valk) . what is the best combo of exhoust and carb/filter combo for a quick horsepower boost. and is there a good turbo or charger kit available.

As far as end cans are concerned there probably isn't one that makes any significant difference.

If you go for a full system then again, whilst there may be a few HP either way whether or not you would notice the difference is debatable.
That said Mark's Pipes get consistently good press. In my own case the Dale Walker Holeshot's worked well on my bike.

Biggest HP gain would be by getting the OE carbs set up on a dyno in combination with (say) one of Sean's kits.

The air filter in a standard air box is not the restricting factor so changing for a free flow variety would not give any immediate benefits.

The inlet formed by the Y piece on the top of the air-box is the restricting factor. This can be shimmed, drilled or removed. You would still need to get the fueling set up though.

Next option would be a Stage 7 kit but you would also need to budget for a modified breather.

Finally you are into flat-slides, either MIkuni or Kehin but now you are in to significant cost!

I would say the Kerker 4 into 1 will give you the most bang for your $ if you can live without a centerstand,of course you will have to rejet and the Morley kit or k&n stage 7 has been the best setup, If you want a 4 into 2 setup the Marks system. JIM

I have both Mark's 4-2 and Kerker 4-1 on my bikes. The marks sound is absolute "Killer". Cross between and Indy Car and a healthy Chevy Small Block.
I don't think it makes more HP than the Kerker but sure sounds great. Sean Morley is modding air boxes for a flat filter. Better air flow. Cubic inches is where you could make real world gains... But Big Bucks too...

I have the kerker 4 into 1 system with a 2.5 inch core baffle in a supertrapp can. The bike had this system on it when I bought it and also came with the supertrapp slip ons. IMO between the kerker system with the big core baffle works the best, again thats between the two systems Ive tried. The factory head pipes are far to restrictive. As far as the intake goes I made my own velocity stacks and used pod filters on top. I think this set up works pretty well, the bike makes great power and still gets around 38-39 mpg on the highway. I also have a Sassy v-boost controller which allows you to engauge the v-boost in 1500 rpm intervals. I found if you run the v-boost at 4500 instead of 6k I gained 11hp by 6k rpm. Where as if I started it at 3k rpm i lost 8 hp by 6k rpm. Again only my findings, take it for what you will.

Back