Bike not totalled!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way you folks are coming together to help this man with his bike is impressive:You_Rock::clapping:

:peace out bike:

Hunt around and find a picture of someone else's bike that looks a lot like yours. Use it for your 'after pic' to collect the finance company signature. Then to actually repair it.

Hunt around and find a picture of someone else's bike that looks a lot like yours. Use it for your 'after pic' to collect the finance company signature. Then to actually repair it.
That might all go sideways if they send a rep out to take pictures though. I would work with the excellant forum members here and get it fixed up then get the money. Tell them what you paid (high market value of course) and then they will pay you what they will. Make up some receipts to make it all legit looking.

Just go through Sean. All the stuff you need for the pics, you are gonna need to buy in the end. Why mess around borrowing stuff, put it on, take it off again, and pay shipping, just to buy it after you get the check and put it back on again. Sean is a super cool guy and a forum supporter, plus you can get a legit receipt from him. He said he will front what you need till you can pay.

Well I called my insurance company and told them what my finance company said, progressive is cutting a new check with just my name on it!!! I will still be needing parts and will post exact details when the paperwork shows up.

Well I called my insurance company and told them what my finance company said, progressive is cutting a new check with just my name on it!!! I will still be needing parts and will post exact details when the paperwork shows up.

AWESOME TO HEAR. Good on them. It was the right thing to do. :clapping:

Got my VMax back today. There is a bunch of shit the adjuster claimed that wasn't needed, and a couple things they overlooked. Having him come back to my house so I can show him the things he missed.

As far as stuff overlooked, my right side carb slide covers are pretty scratched up and the top tab to mount the right scoop is bent up into my tank cover. The cover is also slightly bent and scratched up. It doesnt seat right on the rubber pivot things either. Some scratches on the frame as well.
All damage is to right side of bike.

This is the rubber pivot thing that my tank cover doesnt sit on correctly
IMAG1100_zps75b1a298.jpg

Top scoop mount bent up off of frame
IMAG1099_zps46430dff.jpg

Tank cover scratched and bent
IMAG1098_zps1fd46817.jpg

Scratches on frame
IMAG1097_zps83c91960.jpg

Carb slide scratches
IMAG0944_zps0176bae9.jpg

The other stuff broken or damaged is all accounted for, gonna email Rick for a few parts tonight. Thank all of you guys for your support and help. I hope to back on the road very very soon! All repairs are pretty much bolt on, just need to get my hands on em.

Hey, I offered up my old front fender on here earlier. Got back to Texas and I can't find it anywhere:ummm: I must have either given it away or thrown it away? I dunno :confused2:

Sorry man.

Don't remember now....did the bike get knocked on it's side? If it did be sure to check closely for a battery acid spill....it won't look like much now but will come back to haunt you down the road. Especially check electrical connectors for any unusual corrosion and point it out to the adjuster.

I don't know why the adjuster said I need a new front fender, I can't find a thing wrong with it. And it didn't get laid down but when he shows back up I will take the seat off for a look. I did get knocked pretty hard so a shaken battery is definitely a possibility. Rick confirmed shipment of a pair of scoops radiator with grill and the right radiator plastic shroud thing. Should be riding next weekend if all is smooth!!

Got the parts from Rick installed last night and took her for a spin. After giving it throttle it doesnt go back to idle very quickly. Also, there is some additional damage the adjuster needs to come back to inspect, might be getting a new tank cover :) its bent and doesnt seat properly. I think I can easily bend it back, but he needs to see it first along with some paint damage on the frame. Said he was coming Friday morning around 10am

Latest posts

Back