Bike Repairs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldo 5374

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone,
Newbe here & I have some questions & not sure if this is the right place. I did a bunch of work on my bike today...changed #3 carb....changed shift segment....new clutch....double d mod. My question is with a new clutch do I have to break it in for a while? The last time I had a new clutch it came with a new bike. I took it for a short ride & dam it REALLY feels different!!! The clutch NEVER felt like this. I'm not talking about the stiff clutch lever I'm talking about how this thing REALLY grabs now & I don't want to screw this up but would LOVE to crank on it!!!!! Can anyone help me????:confused2::confused2::confused2::ummm::ummm:

I just installed the PCW clutch mod, which is pretty much the same thing....as far as I know there is no break-in req'd.
Did you replace all the steel/friction plates in the order they came out (except for the half disc)?
If so, you should be good to go.

Aloha,
Yes I replaced all steel & fiber disc the same way the old ones came out...all steel disc with the sharp edge out...and pulled out the half disc & small washer & put in a extra full disc & removed that spring wire thing. Then used blue lock tite on pressure plate bolts. Like I said when I rode it last night the clutch was just wounderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

You should have removed 4 parts total. The half friction, wire retainer, and 2 narrow (but large diam) "washers". Other then that as long as you soaked the friction plates in oil for a little while before installing you are in business to give it anything you want! Told you that it's hard to explain how much the OEM setup slips.

Sean

Latest posts

Back