Bike wont rev past 4k, and other weird issues.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petro

Reaction score
Hi fellas, wondering if someone is able to help me solve the issue I'm having with my problem. The bike just came back from the vales adjusted. Was sitting in the garage waiting to get the scoops and relays back in place. Recently changed fuel filter, spark plugs. Took my fuel pump apart and cleaned it. Realized that the previous owner put a rubber tube + hose clamp around it to prevent fuel from leaking, the plastic is cracked. Pump still works, not sure about how well though. I also took the slides out and shot carb cleaner through all the ports. Took and re-cleaned the spark plugs too (they had alot of soot).

Below is a video with carbtune hook up. Cylinder 2 is acting up when the bike is warm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

http://youtu.be/UqA5VjUAmV4

Unless you have air-correctors, the bike needs its lid back on the airbox. Otherwise it will run like ass after 4k

Unless you have air-correctors, the bike needs its lid back on the airbox. Otherwise it will run like ass after 4k

Sweet! Put the top on it and it reved up like a champ! (I didnt know the cover made that big of a difference. Can you explain why it needs it to function properly?) The sneeze in cylinder 2 is still there, so I didnt attempt to take it out for a test drive. Any suggestions on that

Think I found the problem, swapped the spark plug w/ cyl 1. No more popping. Going to order a new set of plugs and a new set of wires. Thank you KJ for your help.

Sweet! Put the top on it and it reved up like a champ! (I didnt know the cover made that big of a difference. Can you explain why it needs it to function properly?) The sneeze in cylinder 2 is still there, so I didnt attempt to take it out for a test drive. Any suggestions on that

Glad your back on track and welcome to the collective.
The carbs will inhale too much air without the lid (or with Morley's Muscle kit, Dynojet's Stage 7 kit, individual pods, or any mod that will allow a ton of air in). The air correctors restrict this hyperinhalation to something more manageable by the carbs.

Back