Bleeding Master Cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOM88

Reaction score
I am new here, bought my vmax a couple months back and have been messing around with it. I just finished up fork seals, steering bearings, and rebuilding the clutch master cylinder and lots of powder coating. After the bike was back together I tried bleeding the clutch and it will not build up resistance. I tried mityvac, reverse bleeding, and traditional bleeding method. My master cylinder does not have an air leak because I plugged up the hole and tried to apply pressure to the lever and it wouldnt move. So i guess my question is, is a slave cylinder rebuild in my future? The only reason this whole thing concerns me is because a month ago i was able to bleed the clutch using the traditional method and it worked out fine. :ummm:

Thanks,

Ben

Try cracking the bango fitting at the master and use it as a bleed port to get the air around that area out.

thats a good one gennro.

ben, i have a banjo bolt with a bleeder built in I can send you tomorrow as well.

for all those who don't know, this is my brother, who is about 4 hours away from me and i was out of ideas for him...

thats a good one gennro.

ben, i have a banjo bolt with a bleeder built in I can send you tomorrow as well.

Like that idea Garrett, did you make that fitting or buy it somewhere?
And, welcome Ben.
Steve-o

of course you'd ask that.. haha, let me dig it up here...

http://www.2wheelpros.com/lightech-...n-double-banjo-bolt-with-bleeder-2356661.html

http://www.2wheelpros.com/lightech-...n-single-banjo-bolt-with-bleeder-2356662.html

just saying, the bleeders break easier than any others... i torqued my double too hard now its broken off and stuck in there. i'd be tempted to replace it with a speedbleeder if i ran it permanently.

Thanks guys, Garrett is sending me a slave rebuild and the banjo bolt with the bleeder built in. I am gonna keep trying with the new banjo bolt and if i still cant i will do the rebuild.

Yeah hopefully this should take care of your problem. I ordered two of those banjo bleeders yesterday.

I've sometimes had to take the banjo bolt clear out of the way and use my fingertip over the outlet hole to "bench bleed" that master cylinder to get it started. PITA to do that on the bike w/o making a mess.

he's gotten it going, pushed a quart of fluid through the system using a mity vac, so i don't think thats the issue.

Still at it....tried the banjo bolt with the bleeder garrett sent me, no dice. I am starting to second guess my master cylinder. But I just rebuilt it and there is no sign of any small leaks anywhere....:bang head:

bump, anyone have any other ideas for ben, i'm out of ideas, he's tried everything...

leave the top of the master slightly off/open crack open the bleed screw on the slave with a hose running in a jar and leave it open over night. might want to come check on it after a few hours incase it needs some more fluid. you can once and a while pull the lever in ever so so slowly, should see little bubbles in the master. dont pull all the way or if you do make sure you shut the bleed screw before just like reg way of bleeding to not introduce more air.

for the 20 plus bucks id say go ahead and rebuild the slave anyways, dont want to go thru this all over again do you???? then leave screw open all night, should help via gravity bleed.

patients also man, took me more then 1hr to get some kind of pressure in the lever then it was all down hill after that. take your time. also might have to bleed the master itself if you drained it for the rebuild.

patients also man, took me more then 1hr to get some kind of pressure in the lever then it was all down hill after that. take your time. also might have to bleed the master itself if you drained it for the rebuild.

Good tip right here!! Don't know why these systems are soooo friggin' difficult to bleed....I squeezed the front brake lever untill my muscles cramped after rebuilding the calipers....finally got 'a lever' and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

I was sure that it was taking an abnormal amount of time and effort....and something had to be wrong....but it turned out fine in the end.

im surprised the mighty vac or reverse bleeding didnt work, lots of guys have great success with those two methods. maybe a little teflon tape on the bleeder screw will help, heard of it leaking past there before.

hes tried teflon on the bleed screws too!

if the slave needed rebuild wouldn't the lever just be hard and not go anywhere, i can't see that a bad slave would cause no pressure unless it was leaking which ben has reported its not leaking under the bike or anything.

no dont think the issue is the slave but if you are about to bleed the hole system its worth the rebuild on a 92 bike, for sure the seals and stuff will be worn out, might as well do it now and bleed the hole thing once and forget about it is what i meant.

tomorrow is saturday and I will spend the entire time getting this figured out, ill keep you guys updated

Back