Blinkers relay question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
So I fitted these nice LED blinkers I got from the guy who sold me my larger tank and rear mudguard. They came with resistor packs ( I think that's what they are) that connect between the bike harness and each indicator.

They work good and are very bright, but my blinker relay seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to deciding on the blink rate.. Sometimes they blink at normal speed, most of the time they blink twice as fast as they should. It seems to get more 'normal rate' on the right :ummm:

So anyway, my question is: is there a straight relay replacement from a car or bike that's electronic (doesn't care what the load is) anyone know of? I don't care for the self-cancelling, never use it anyway. I just want something that blinks at the right speed and fits in the connector as it is..

Thanks!

Repco,Ashdown's and Supercheap and Autobarn all stock led flasher cans .I've bought several off ebay and haven't had any dramas.Cheers Kevman.

I had no luck finding one for gen 1,my r1 had no problems finding on eBay.I'm checking to see if john f has them.

Repco,Ashdown's and Supercheap and Autobarn all stock led flasher cans .I've bought several off ebay and haven't had any dramas.Cheers Kevman.

Yea I've seen some at those shops, but they all have only two or three connections. The max relay has 6. Which ones get wired?

Woohoo! I did pull the Brown and Brown/White wires out of the connector, plugged them into this Custom LED relay and it's happy days - now my LED blinkers blink at a normal rate at last!

Cheers to everyone who chimed in :)

Latest posts

Back