BLOW Short Custom High Flow Muffler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
My KerKer 2.5" Comp was old and ended up snapping off when riding on the highway. Just got "The Blox". Will be adding video... WOW WEE

Attachments

• Blox_Muffler_1.jpg
    Blox_Muffler_1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Blox_Muffler_2.jpg
    Blox_Muffler_2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 75
Gannon will recognize that one! It connects to the midpipe where the normal muffler would connect.

Sean

It actually deepens the tone up and takes some of the harshness out of it.

Sean

Question?
Since the muffler is so new after a couple hundred miles will it gain more character or improve the sound?

Even when warm it seemed a tad off (felt like it was bogging down a little bit when gunned it from a slower speed then picks up). Should i consider a carb tune to this muffler? Was going to get is dynoed and tuned for 60 bucks... friends with the owner who has a 1500 vmax who i think did the work himself...

With the size of it, I don't think the sound will change an awful lot with more age.

As far as putting a tune on it, It looks like your not much over an open header. Generally pipes sill have some backpressure to them that the carbs will enjoy a little tuning. With this new muff, I'm about sure a little tuning will be in order as I'm thinking that your going to be on the rich side.

A good dyno that shows the a/f mix will give you the info to get back on check. At $60, thats a good deal too.

$60 is a fair price if that's multiple runs to let you make changes and remeasure the a/f.

Sean

60 for 3 base line pulls.

200 all said and done, with carb tuning (2 hours worth of work)

They noticed that the left rear cylinder was making more noise than the other cylinders.
They said that they need to get in there to adjust the valves add new shims. ( Note i've put about 15,000 this year just at the 31,000 mark.) and haven't done any major services other than getting it up an running. 6 hours worth of work to fix all four (475 with new shims)

mustang dyno- 118.9 horse
78 torque

Good, solid numbers :clapping:
$60 for 3 pulls is a sweet deal, up here it's $100 for 3 pulls (but no nitrous pulls).

I wasn't too sure if I would like it when I heard it, but I like it!:punk:
nice rumble, and smooth sound. Good job on thinking outside the box

what was the part number on it? It sounds awsome and bet it looks even better. I got one of my old pipes that needs this set up.:clapping:

Gannon can probably get the part number for it. It will need to be swelled to fit over the mid pipe when you get it but any muffler shop should be able to handle that.

Sean

Medicineman Can you post a pic of it installed please? Nice sound! :banana:

Back