BMW unveils new 193 hp S 1000 RR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bmw_s_1000_rr_21_opt.jpg

BMW has finally pulled the wraps off its new S 1000 RR superbike, and let's just say we're anything but disappointed. First, the most important bits: 193 horsepower at 13,000 RPM, 82.5 lb-ft of torque at 9,750 RPM, 455.3 pounds with a full tank of gas. For those keeping track ? which is probably just about anyone interested enough to read this post ? those statistics are enough to give the big Beemer the most horsepower and best power-to-weight ratio of all literbikes intended for public consumption.

Link

Me likie ALOT! If i had the spare coin, i'd pick one up. I think its pretty slick the BMW is getting serious with its bike efforts. They definately have the tech and know how to run with the Japanese. They have been very successful with their car racing efforts and even F1. I've been trying(unsuccessfully) with the two 1000s they BMW has competing in WSBK this year. One ridden by Troy Corser and the other by Reuben Xous(sp?). I've only seen a couple of races, and they were just outside the top 10. Not too bad considering this is their FIRST time to compete in the class(for BMW, not for Troy/Reuben). Hope to see them start climbing the ranks. Would be neat i think...

Thanks for sharing!

It sure looks good, but at what price? It's always the same, a top of the range Duke or Bimota or other lovely exotica is nothing short of amazing, but the price tag reserves it for the few.

That's where the jap factories still have the win - on price..

k I'm ranting 'cos I've always wanted a 1200GS but still can't afford one! lol

I like the bike, but the price converts to over $18k:ummm:

Latest posts

Back