Bolt size?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the bolt size that connects the shift linkage to the trans as mine is missing. :ummm: It is the one that squeezes the linkage to the shift shaft on the trans. Don't know how else to describe it.

The bolt in the center of these?
attachment.php

90151-06013-00 torx bolt, see this thread
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10938

This is from memory, but I'm pretty sure I swapped my one out from my bag of bolts.
Which would make it a standard 6mm bolt, which is 6 x 1mm.

He may be speaking of the fastner that tightens the shift linkage to the splined output shift shaft on the L/H side....................Tom.

If your talking about the bolt that secures the linkage to the splined shaft on the side of the case it is 6mm x 1.0 as noted. Not sure on the length, I'm not around the bike right now but would guess its about 25mm.

It is not countersunk. Here's the part number:
BOLT, HEXAGON
97017-06020-00

This means it's a 6mm with 20mm length. It's likely going to be a 1.0 thread pitch since that's what pretty much everything else is.

BOLT, HEXAGON
97017-06020-00

This means it's a 6mm with 20mm length. It's likely going to be a 1.0 thread pitch since that's what pretty much everything else is.

Yeah, a standard short M6 bolt will do
I saw "shift shaft" and "trans" and jumped to my experience with the shift segment bolt

m6-80-mm-fully-threaded-hex-set-screw-a4-stainless-steel-4-pk.jpg

BOLT, HEXAGON
97017-06020-00

i agree. the only time i think i ran into a bolt or nut not being a standard pitch for the thread width were the swingarm/final drive acorn nuts.

i agree. the only time i think i ran into a bolt or nut not being a standard pitch for the thread width were the swingarm/final drive acorn nuts.

At least caliper bolts and footpeg bolta are not standard M10x1,25 as well. Don't recall any extra but they may be around...

At least caliper bolts and footpeg bolts are not standard M10x1,25 as well. Don't recall any extra but they may be around...

Latest posts

Back