Bought a new 2002 V-Max! New to me. Pics inside~

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford428CJ

Reaction score
For those that dont know me or what happen.... I was down @ Reno for Street Vibrations and the last day there, I got in a bike wreck and totaled my tricked out 2000 Max. I'm lucky to be here alive with very minimal wrong with me! Just road rash or should I say hill rash. I'll tell that story later with pics.

Anyways, heres my new one and its going under the wrench/gun here. It will get Wesley-ized soon... All work done by yours truly! LOL

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

@ Home!
IMAG0314.jpg

Thanks guys!!!
I cant beleave that I found it so close to me. Ever since my wreck... I have been looking and watched this one on Craigslist for a while. I was thinking that someone was going to buy it. Waiting for my check to get here from the insurance to go buy another one! When I did get the check, I cashed it and looked back on Craigslist. The ad was GONE! So I dug up the info out of my history on the computer.

I found the info and called them to see if the bick was still there..... Well, IT WAS! They told me that a week before a guy was going to buy it but his wife told him NO! She said it was too fast for him and cant have it! Lucky me, I got it!

sweet looking bike man, congrats on the find, also good to hear your ok to ride another day.

whats with the 6door limo buick in the second pic hahahah

sweet looking bike man, congrats on the find, also good to hear your ok to ride another day.

whats with the 6door limo buick in the second pic hahahah

Thanks man!... I really dont know about the Buick. I never noticed until you said something. LOL

You have the start of a great project, can't wait to see your progress.

One of my friends' dads while we were just going to college bought a new '70 Torino Super Cobra Jet, red w/the laser stripe. He was an Indy car team owner since the early 1950's. That car was fast! Lotsa torque. Plus, room for 5 guys to ride around & have fun in SW MI. I think he must have been about 60 at the time. He owned Indy cars, sprint cars, midgets... I like the FE engines & so did Carroll Shelby! The "385" series was more-modern, a thin-wall casting, but the FE was a great street motor for its time. Tom Monahan, former owner & founder of Domino's Pizza had a beautiful 1962 Galaxie 500 convertible in his Ann Arbor car museum, red/red w/a white convertible top, a 406 4 speed w/multiple carbs, w/ that huge oval air cleaner, just a gorgeous car. It must have been about the fastest Ford that year for something not built for the strip, like the A/FX SOHC 427's, or something for NASCAR. That was about the time they took the Comet Calientes & averaged some 100+ mi. speed for almost a month to hit 100,000 mi. Not too-long after that they were at LeMans beating-up on the Ferraris, and the Ford-based Cosworth DFV/DFW V-8 was starting its run atop the open-wheel podiums world-wide.

Here is a fascinating read if you are a gearhead:
http://www.f1db.com/f1/page/en10216

You have the start of a great project, can't wait to see your progress.

One of my friends' dads while we were just going to college bought a new '70 Torino Super Cobra Jet, red w/the laser stripe. He was an Indy car team owner since the early 1950's. That car was fast! Lotsa torque. Plus, room for 5 guys to ride around & have fun in SW MI. I think he must have been about 60 at the time. He owned Indy cars, sprint cars, midgets... I like the FE engines & so did Carroll Shelby! The "385" series was more-modern, a thin-wall casting, but the FE was a great street motor for its time. Tom Monahan, former owner & founder of Domino's Pizza had a beautiful 1962 Galaxie 500 convertible in his Ann Arbor car museum, red/red w/a white convertible top, a 406 4 speed w/multiple carbs, w/ that huge oval air cleaner, just a gorgeous car. It must have been about the fastest Ford that year for something not built for the strip, like the A/FX SOHC 427's, or something for NASCAR. That was about the time they took the Comet Calientes & averaged some 100+ mi. speed for almost a month to hit 100,000 mi. Not too-long after that they were at LeMans beating-up on the Ferraris, and the Ford-based Cosworth DFV/DFW V-8 was starting its run atop the open-wheel podiums world-wide.

Here is a fascinating read if you are a gearhead:
http://www.f1db.com/f1/page/en10216

Thank you! I promise that I wont let you down.

As for the FE's.... I have a great LOVE for them and still building some. They have one hell of a race history that no other American engine has! Love the history of the FE's and they are like a V-maxs.... Very unique and a sound of there own! Never down play one! LOL

Latest posts

Back