bouncing down the road

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice CGI video. They have airbag jackets already in use.

Sean

Nice CGI video. They have airbag jackets already in use.

I've seen the jackets, they're pretty cool. +1 on the video, that was nice. But after deployment, the rider reminded me of an orange violet beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :rofl_200:

Attachments

• violet-beauregarde-willy-wonka-1971.jpg
    violet-beauregarde-willy-wonka-1971.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 30
For real???
The bit at the end hinted that when the rider stops suddenly, the airbag goes off.
Isn't that a bit too late?

I looked at this a while back, doesnt really seem that this particular style would help much

"Dainese is set to release its new air-bag-equipped suits by 2010 - a full 10 years after development of the system began. Dainese's D-Tec system is the first airbag from a major protective bike cloting manufacturer, although small companies have released jackets with cruder activation systems."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY

I'm glad there are people developing this kind of stuff. Someone will get it right and make big dollars. Depending on what it cost.I hated parting with $110 for protective insulated pants, but their warm too.
Maybe tone it done to just neck, spine, ribbs? More like the video Allycat submitted?. Comfortable and affordable, why not?
Steve

Last edited:
Neat idea, but I don't think getting turned into a ball would be adventagious. especially if there's oncomming traffic. Can you say car soccer? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQr8YkzEEWQ&feature=g-all

Maybe have it stop somhow on it's own? I know that'a asking a lot from someone that wants it on the cheap.I can't imagine rolling off the side of a high peak while deflating? Compared to nothing, good so far. It beats shorts and sneakers hands down, as does almost anything.
Steve

C'mon "dudes," how'm I gonna show-off my tattoos I spent $$$ on if I wear something like this instead of my 'wifebeater' sleeveless t-shirt & a 'do-rag?' I spent a lotta money for my special "if you can read this the bitch fell-off" shirt!:rofl_200:

I guess you either had the foresight to pack a parachute or you just get to enjoy an awsome view for a bit!........................Tom.

Back