braided stainless

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski3747270

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have to replace the throttle cables, and was trying to find some braided stainless cables, but no luck yet.
Does anyone know who carries what I need?

While I am at it, I will be replacing the clutch and brake lines with braided stainless as well. For the front, it looks like 4 separate lines from the handlebars to the calipers...when I purchase a set, will it include all 4 or just 2?

I think replacing the clutch line should be fairly easy, and I think Galfer (sp?) makes what I need.

I was hoping someone has already done this to their bike, and could provide me some part numbers, or an internet site to get everything I need.

Thanks
Chris

Found what I was looking for from PCW for brakes and clutch, but nothing on throttle cables.

Still looking
Chris

Found what I was looking for from PCW for brakes and clutch, but nothing on throttle cables.

Still looking
Chris

www.Wildbros.com has them! Bill is at Bonneville racing but he DOES have them...:thumbs up:

Just run two lines on the front and get rid of the Y that is there. It is WAY easier to bleed and gives you better lever feel!

Or you could run a line straight down the right hand side to the right hand caliper and do a loop over the front guard to the second caliper.

Or you could run a line straight down the right hand side to the right hand caliper and do a loop over the front guard to the second caliper.

That's how my SV was from the factory. That too sucks to bleed... Plus the loop isn't overly pretty IMHO.

For the front, it looks like 4 separate lines from the handlebars to the calipers...when I purchase a set, will it include all 4 or just 2?

The front brakes have 3 lines. You'll need four throttle cables....2 for throttle grip and two to the carbs.

Hope this helps!

Mark

motoboutique has what you need as far as the stainless throttle cables go. $85.00. theyre easy to contact and great to deal with. they carry alot of the same stuff as wild bros. some priced better some priced worse. theyre out of fla so the shipping time is minimal. i bought all my otec clear covers and accessory parts here. modifying this bike can become extremely costly so any money i can save on one part will help towards purchasing the next one.

odieoh24

thanks everyone.

Will get with wildbros once he gets back from racing.

Really appreciate all the help.

Chris

Latest posts

Back