BRC Spider Saga supplement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys may remember the Chrome Spider thread from a few years ago....well this dude showed up today. No idea what kind he is but I saw him as the enemy and whacked his ass with a board!

:rip: creepy spider!

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 70
Danny I love to bow hunt and about 4 years ago hiking thru mountains and dense forest I happen to walk thru one of them creatures area and 45 minutes later I felt something moving up the back of my neck . That sucker must have enjoyed the ride and the warmth from my hike . I call those spiders halloween spiders cause webs are usually perfect .

Guess the good old leaf blower wont deter that little monster....better make new batch of the smelly yellow stuff.....just in case....

Saw this lil guy at a playground with my son. I think hes kinda cute for an 8 legged freak, lol.

Attachments

• CAM00010.jpg
    CAM00010.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 46
Guess the good old leaf blower wont deter that little monster....better make new batch of the smelly yellow stuff.....just in case....

Haha....got a batch cooking up right now Rov!! :biglaugh:

Did the chrome spider look like this?

I would say they are very similar, hard to tell for sure tho as my camera at the time was junk.

Saw this lil guy at a playground with my son. I think hes kinda cute for an 8 legged freak, lol.

What the hell is that thing? A freak fer sure! :blink000:

Danny I think your spider is a Pittsburgh Steeler's fan..... He's got the right colors!

Good point Bob....he didn't respond well to being smacked with a board so I bet you're right! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_2024.jpg
    100_2024.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 31
This "little" guy was crossing the road by my place a couple weeks ago... No thanks!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413381688.880761.jpg

It won't work.....little brown buggars are in the walls in places where that gas will never, ever reach. Then, days after removing those tarps, the neighborhood browns will be free to move back in to fill the empty spaces where the gas did actually kill two or three. Spray residue does not work on spideys either, like it will for most other crawling insects after the bug man has visited.

Wow....that's creepy!

Here's what it is.... Araneus marmoreus...."not considered a 'medically important' spider", whatever the hell that means. :confused2:

But apparently is venomous.

Well ALL spiders are venomous...it just depends on HOW MUCH? A spider either a neurotoxic like venom like black widow, that after being bit, you have pain, and flu like symptoms, or like a brown recluse, that has a tissue necrotizing (flesh killing) type venom.

I brown widow (which I have in the garage) bite will cause some blisters to arise...but thats about it. Ive been bitten a couple of times.

It won't work.....little brown buggars are in the walls in places where that gas will never, ever reach. Then, days after removing those tarps, the neighborhood browns will be free to move back in to fill the empty spaces where the gas did actually kill two or three. Spay residue does not work on spideys either, like it will for most other crawling insects after the bug man has visited.

As per the local orkin man...pesticides dont really work on spiders. A bug (insect) will clean itself like a cat, and so will ingest the poison...spiders dont do that. ALSO....the brown recluse is a lazy spider, by killing off various insects, all that your doing is giving it a free meal, that it doesnt have to hunt for.

Not really...The insect ingests the poison....but the spider doesnt really "eat" the insect. It injects it with venom, then uses digestive juices to actually liquefy the insides...the spider then kinda sucks up the meat ball.

Not really...The insect ingests the poison....but the spider doesnt really "eat" the insect. It injects it with venom, then uses digestive juices to actually liquefy the insides...the spider then kinda sucks up the meat ball.

Jeez, they really are disgusting little bastards aren't they!! :puke:

I stomped one on the pool apron this summer and dozens and dozens of tiny little arachnids ran in all directions! I really did the 'Spider Mash' there for awhile!

This is the spider that just moved into my place and I haven't seen it for a couple of days and it's only as big as my hand legs and all.So there is nothing to worry about.Or is there?

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
holy id sleep with a eye open with guy that big running around....

was in south Africa once. buddy had in his room a massive weird looking spider....when they went to smack it it ran across the walls at about light speed and kept alluding him but just from one wall to another...scary shit....we dont get crazy creatures like that up north....im glad...just have to watch for bears....lady just got chased out of her house and killed by a grizzly...guesss natures hard core usualy win.

Back