Cadillac POS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife & I both drive Mercedes. We didn't buy them new, couldn't afford to do that seeing as they cost over 100K at the time.
The point being that you would think 100k of German manufacturing would produce a bullet proof reliable car, WRONG.
The electrics on Mercs are notorious for gremlins and we have had a few.
It leads me to think that car manufacturers are under pressure to release their latest and greatest before the opposition all the time without really studying potential bugs.
That, and realizing that the more bells and whistles you implement into a vehicle then you have the potential for more shit to go wrong.

All said and done I still love my Mercs lol , I think it's a love hate relationship.

I had a 79 Monza with an LT1 motor and a shift kit. I had that car 20 years ago and still miss it.

I had a 80s Volvo Turbo Wagon 5 speed with over a quarter million miles of trouble free service other than the belt actuating the wiper arms came off once which I slipped back on through the glove box.
Cheapest car to own and operate I ever had.
Today's Volvos have all that electronic gimmickry too but they have had for several years already and seem to have most bugs worked out on my current S80. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Rusty, dump that car! Can't you claim "Lemon Law?" on it since it has been repaired so many times for the same issue? That's probably why Caddy wants to deal. I personally would work with the District Manager not the local dealer but you may have an exceptional dealer.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back