can anyone help me ?????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I`m in need of some help if it`s possible, Iwas replaceing thebattery cable back to the selinoid and tried to tighten it back up when I noticed that it had stripped out and, I need to go 24 miles to the county hospital for the ulcers on the bottom of my big toes (diabities) and I have been out of work because of them so, I was wondering if anyone maybe has a n old one that works laying around that they coild spare ??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as for now, my financial situation is not too good. thank you in advance.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I don't have one, I assume you are looking for a solenoid? Try a couple of washers on the stud first to put the undamaged thread in contact w/the nut. You may also find that it is the nut which is stripped & not the screw threads.

I was trying to eBay mine, but no one's biting. I ended the listing for ya. PM me where you want me to send it. I'll have it in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. It should be in Cali by the weekend.

Just a thought, I don't know if it will work or not.
I was wondering if the studs can be re-tapped then put a nut the same size of the new tapped threads on it.

If it were to work, it would make for an inexpensive fix.

Just a thought, I don't know if it will work or not.
I was wondering if the studs can be re-tapped then put a nut the same size of the new tapped threads on it.

If it were to work, it would make for an inexpensive fix.

Exactly what I was thinking. Can't remember what size the stud is but I was wondering if you could just run a 1/4-20 die down the the stud and throw a nut on it.

His next question then, may very well be, "does anybody have a tap and die set?". That is very kind of Ninjaneer, to help another person out like that!

His next question then, may very well be, "does anybody have a tap and die set?". That is very kind of Ninjaneer, to help another person out like that!
Altruism at its finest! Pat on the back award?:clapping::clapping:

Latest posts

Back