can anyone ID this pipe?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxjr

Reaction score
looks like a kerker to me.
i bought it for $60.

also, might anyone have the missing rear pipes and rear section for it they want to sell?
condition is not really an issue since i am going to ceramic coat it.
but of course the cheaper the better.

i still have that nagging extremely hard shifting issue i need to address.
well that and i have 103k on this motor. time for a little refresh for the old girl.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!lgE3HR3cbYrBOCQJZVytQ~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!lgE3HR3cbYrBOCQJZVytQ~~0_12.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 48
looks like a kerker to me.
i bought it for $60.

also, might anyone have the missing rear pipes and rear section for it they want to sell?
condition is not really an issue since i am going to ceramic coat it.
but of course the cheaper the better.

i still have that nagging extremely hard shifting issue i need to address.
well that and i have 103k on this motor. time for a little refresh for the old girl.

I's looks like a Kerker to me too. Sean is a Kerker dealer and can probably set you up. I got my used system from him and it needed new back tubes as well. He pulled the deal without batting an eye. So I'm willing to bet he can score the Kerker parts you need.

Just click on the Morley's Muscle banner ad and it will guide you to the right place, or he's on here as "one2dmax"

+ 1, give sean a call for sure he can help you out with that. you'll love the kerker set up.

Original 4-1 hindle with the over under front head pipes. That's why it's crushed.

Dale #2592

Original 4-1 hindle with the over under front head pipes. That's why it's crushed.

Dale #2592

You are correct Dale! Can tell it's a Hindle as it is held together with springs at all the joints. The stacked front headers mark it as the original 4-1 as well. Tough to find part for that system as they are almost universally damaged in one way or another, usually the lower front header gets crushed.

Yep, for sure the over under Hindle 4-1. Not sure if you can get the rear pipes anymore? I haven't asked Hindle in a long time. I am a Hindle dealer too and need to remember to ask if they still make the Vmax header. Would give another option through me that way.

what were those like for making power sean?

If my memory serves me correctly they made wicked top end power, but had a flat spot in the mid-range which is one reason why they changed to the 4-2-1 style, the other being continuous header damage:bang head:.

Nope, but I know several folks who have them up here. Really nice system, but the header damage has always been a problem. Toxic is so low I would be dragging the header just rolling it around the garage. I am currently running a SS Hindle 4-2-1, but have been offered a custom Hindle SS Stepped 4-2-1 by Lang Hindle whenever I want one made. Now to come up with the $$$$$.

whats the step part or hows it gonna might differ from what ya got now?

and does that mean there might be a reg SS hindle up for grabs then :hmmm:

whats the step part or hows it gonna might differ from what ya got now?

and does that mean there might be a reg SS hindle up for grabs then :hmmm:

What the stepped header means is that at specific lengths the ID of the header tube is "stepped up" in size. For a big bore engine the regular Hindle header pipes are too small, not at the heads but down stream. Lang Hindle was discussing it with me at the Toronto Supershow in January and has called me a couple of times to prod me along. Says it is a bolt on 10hp to do it.

As for the second part of your post....... yes.

ok thats what i thought you meant, i wasnt sure if you were talking about that or chg the way the pipe routed due to the mods on your bike.

as for answer to second part...... mmm for sure i will have to come over for that beer and bbq at your place and talk some more...... very interesting lol

ok thats what i thought you meant, i wasnt sure if you were talking about that or chg the way the pipe routed due to the mods on your bike.

as for answer to second part...... mmm for sure i will have to come over for that beer and bbq at your place and talk some more...... very interesting lol

Let me know when you will be around. Will invite a couple of the local Vmaxxer's over as well. Can make an evening of it:clapping:

Let me know when you will be around. Will invite a couple of the local Vmaxxer's over as well. Can make an evening of it:clapping:

sounds like a plan, its either some time in mid july or then again in sept/oct. for sure will give ya warning..... maybe hahahahah

sounds like a plan, its either some time in mid july or then again in sept/oct. for sure will give ya warning..... maybe hahahahah

HA!!!! Keep me in the loop, especially if it goes to Sept/Oct timeframe as I have a pretty busy coaching schedule starting up then. Am coaching AA elite Ringette goalies this winter so that is when we have tryouts and I start working them through their dryland training schedules etc.

well i guess i should have done my homework first.
looks like i might not be able to get the missing pipes and if i can the cost will be close to a new kerker.
at least i'm only out $82 for the pipe plus shipping so it wasn't too bad i guess. live and learn.
i'm really on the fence if i should just sell the old girl to further fund the kz or keep her and go through her.
the issue is these bikes cost 5 times more to build than a kz.
the damn pipe alone is $900.
lets not even talk about how much it will cost me to convert it to a chain drive.

don't get me wrong, i love this bike and i love the torque but i'm questioning if i want to drop 15-20k into it.

there is no cheap way to build these bikes.
no good pipes or speed parts come up on ebay too often.
i know, i know.
speed costs money, how fast you want to go?

i spent 10 years and almost 10k on the kz. i just don't think i can handle starting all over again.
like i said, even the most basic mods will be at least $1500.

i think i'm going to mull it over this weekend and then i need to come up with a final decision. sell or build.

so many decisions. i don't want to end up with sellers remorse like i did when i sold my gpz turbo to buy this one. that damn bike was fast!

wish me luck!

Back