Carb Cleaning + Seafoam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
My bike runs like shite at low RPM once hot, I plan to shotgun the carbs but want to know if it would be advisable or NOT to pull the airbox and pour Seafoam directly into each carb before trying anything?

Pro or cons to doing this? Bike running or not?

i think the shotgun has u do a much calmer version of that. i wouldn't be pouring straight seafoam into my carbs.

it may not hurt. just doesn't sit right w/me ya know? i would say u can use 1.5x the recommended amt in a tank without too much concern, but just yea.

Well, I snagged another can of Seafoam today. I'll run down in the morning and fill the tank then toss some in. I need to change my oil and filter tomorrow, perhaps bleed the brakes too and look into the small leak on my clutch line down by the slave.

There's another cleaning method called the 'peashooter', which basically consists of spraying carb cleaner or SeaFoam straight into the pilot jets with the motor running.

It may help, but I don't believe it's anywhere as effective as the shotgun.

Ya, I've got that one documented too but am going to start with the shotgun method first. I've got an air compressor coming tomorrow so if it's here early enough I'll have it done tomorrow, if not then Sunday :)
I need to change the oil and filter and flush some brake lines and have some work to do on my wifes bike too, so no end of the maintenance. LOL

Back