carb intake rubber joints

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
was doing the shotgun, or pea shooter on my max..... old school trick of spraying cleaner around intake to check for vacuum leaks, i found all my lowwer boots are cracked....... i could have them from a dealer for about $80 bucks!!!! has anyone ever tried measuring the carbs and going to a auto parts store getting a length of heater hose cutting it, and trying that as an intake boot???? it won't suck together they are to short, but has anybody ever done it?? just a thought..... $80 bucks vs. $10????:ummm:

One thing, heater hose isn't formulated to pass gasoline, look for specific hose if you want to try that. It would be a shame to have your bike catch on-fire from a bad hose. Yes, I know, it's a vapor & not liquid volumes passing-thru the hose, and "rubber is rubber," but some ideas need to be considered for what the downside could be.

Try K&N in Tulsa. Ask for Tyler MacDonald and tell him you are on this forum and heard of them on this forum. Guaranteed best price I have found on OEM Yamaha parts. 918 446-6657

i wasn't gonna do it, but i was just wondering if somebody came up with a cheaper alternative....... kinda got u by the balls if u need parts that are specially made to be in or around chemicals. but it's the price of fun i guess. i found them for about $14, thats better than $21..... still oem, from yamaha. thanks fellas!!!

Back