carb overflow, need some info for fcr's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes when i push my engine to the edge, fuel is keep comming out from the overflow vent. i have installed fcr's 5 months now and i dont have the slightest idea, where the overflow bowl is and when i open it how is it like. My thought is that when i turn the throttle all the way something happens with the floater and stays open. so fuel keeps comming out from the overflow vent. does someone has an idea where is this floater and what i should do to check it. i think i wll be able to open some caps of the carbs without taking them off. any help will be appreciated.

I would try moving your vents. Could be the "straw effect" where air blows across the tubes and forces fuel out of the bowls.

That sounds very logical. I've been thinking about this for an hour or so and that's a good suggestion... Good Luck, George....

I would try moving your vents. Could be the "straw effect" where air blows across the tubes and forces fuel out of the bowls.

did try it right now. no good. the thing is after a high rpm ride something is happening with one of the floaters(that's just my thought) cause after the high rpm ride even in idle fuel keeps coming out. after a small ride it stops. i thinkt it stops cause of the bumps and the floater closes.

maybe the needle valve is worn out? and the fuel pump can over power it?

I had an issue with my Vgas carbs where the overflow tubes would leak at idle and I was told to blow into them because it was just probably a piece of dirt that caused it and once I blew it out ( after a couple trys it was fine. I was also told if that didn't work to remove the bowls and clean them but it never got to that. But once last year on the left side and once this year on the right side. I just took a straw and lined it up with the overflow tube and blew it out. Just watch because the carbs filled up with gas when I did it so when I saw the gas about to overflow out of the carbs I stopped for a few minutes then did it again until it was cleared. It probably wouldn't hurt to spray carb cleaner in as well. It's worth a try..

I had an issue with my Vgas carbs where the overflow tubes would leak at idle and I was told to blow into them because it was just probably a piece of dirt that caused it and once I blew it out ( after a couple trys it was fine. I was also told if that didn't work to remove the bowls and clean them but it never got to that. But once last year on the left side and once this year on the right side. I just took a straw and lined it up with the overflow tube and blew it out. Just watch because the carbs filled up with gas when I did it so when I saw the gas about to overflow out of the carbs I stopped for a few minutes then did it again until it was cleared. It probably wouldn't hurt to spray carb cleaner in as well. It's worth a try..

off to my bike with a straw right now. in ten we will now if it will work for me. Hope it does. Thank for all your info guys

It is not uncommon for the Vgas to pull fuel out of the stacks when reaching high speeds and preventing the bike from accelerating. This is not the same symptom you are talking about though. Standard flatslides are under the tank cover so wind over the top isn't usually an issue.

Probably got a bit of debris in there (another bad thing about flatslides).

Nope. I didnt for me. Shit....

I'd keep trying George, it took me about a half hour to get mine. But that's up to you. I just know a little piece of dirt can be stubborn. I hope you get it and it is a cheap fix. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back