Carb parts and effect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstove

Reaction score
In the XV535 OEM Microfiche

The 87-88 they do not show the jet block as a separate purchasable item nor the gasket this holds true for the 90-97 but in 98 we see the jet block as a removable item with no part # listing but now the gasket is available for around $7 bucks (makes ya wonder about the $19 dollar one though)

The Main Bleed Pipe for the 87-88 is in the $40 range but when we go to the 90-99 model years it drops to around $15

Now enters the 90's V-max 1200 it shares the BDS straight faced float bowl design and now the Jet block is listed with a number and can be purchased along with gasket the Main Bleed Pipe falls to the $9 range .

I really wish I could get an explanation as to why all the various prices and availability issues surround this carb and what swaps out to what for no other reason than I am an insanely curious type guy and stuff like this makes me crazy, I feel like I'm missing something I should know .

Given the amount of experience with this carb I have seen here I think I finally might learn something

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

The jet block and float bowl chamber look exactly like the vmax. The main bleed pipe and pilot fuel jet are different however.

I agree with Mark. As far as removing the needle seat, if you simply unscrew and remove the jet block, you will see that the needle seat is simply held by an o-ring, and will slide into the venturi for removal without the help of any tool.

Sorry G fer not being more specific and jumping around I was referencing the Float Needle Seat (Love yer Cleaning Photos and documentary) .

Starting Point
IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

ah yes my bad I answered completely beside the point LOL.

I have no idea how to renew the float needle seat. However, isn't it quite unlikely for this part to be worn? Between the brass of the seat and the rubber tip of the needle I would have thought the rubber would have worn out but the brass be ok?

Well so far the needle and seat seem OK by blowing in and aren't suspect but I'm in there and trying to thorough, as I said this early generation carb has some difference in the Float valve area on this vintage the needle is all metal and has no hook at the top .

IMG_0174.jpg

an all metal needle valve! wow now that is different - even my wife '82 Twinstar has a rubber-tipped one.. May be worth considering a swap?

Latest posts

Back