carbs got gas no fire without help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesv

Reaction score
hey guys just got a 90 vmax had carbs cleaned pump turns on for sec and gos off think that the way it works?? gas comes out of line so i think pump works fine?? but will not start. will start and run with help by dripping gas in all carbs will stay running. whats up what am i missing out on? thanks mike

Were the carbs removed from the bike when they were cleaned. Also when were the carbs last synched.

yes i took them to a friend that plays with alot of bike but he never done v max carbs he has done carbs for me before great job. nope just put back on.

i think so. OK just went full choke the bike did startup and shut right off. hit it and did the same thing over and over. looking down at carbs only two slids started to open when it reved up before it shut off. must b syncing prob right? hey it started. I'll talk to my friend after work. thanks for the help. later mike

i think so. OK just went full choke the bike did startup and shut right off. hit it and did the same thing over and over. looking down at carbs only two slids started to open when it reved up before it shut off. must b syncing prob right? hey it started. I'll talk to my friend after work. thanks for the help. later mike

Sounds exactly what my bike was doing and the reason was due to a plugged pilot jet. If syncing doesn't help I would look at that next.

Ron

mike i just wrote up a long ass pm and accidently closed the window before i sent it. call me at same #

how do you sync the carbs with the manometer if its not starting?

Back