Case against gun manufacturer to be heard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is laughable..i totally agree but sorry to say but the usa has created this situation.
Year's ago I remember a woman winning a lawsuit after microwaving a poodle to dry its fur. She won as there wasnt a relevant safety warning on it (ie dont put live animsls in).
The judges that allowed this shooting case to go ahead should have laughed the applicant out of court.

It is laughable..i totally agree but sorry to say but the usa has created this situation.
Year's ago I remember a woman winning a lawsuit after microwaving a poodle to dry its fur. She won as there wasnt a relevant safety warning on it (ie dont put live animsls in).
The judges that allowed this shooting case to go ahead should have laughed the applicant out of court.

Yep, your right. Unfortunately, you can sue anyone is the USA for anything. Its like the person that won a million dollars from Mcdonalds for spilling hot coffee in their lap. Hell I would do that for a million.

Yep, your right. Unfortunately, you can sue anyone is the USA for anything. Its like the person that won a million dollars from Mcdonalds for spilling hot coffee in their lap. Hell I would do that for a million.

In that case of the hot coffee in the drive through, she was right to sue. I saw the slides of her peach when I was in nursing school, the whole peri area was covered in 3rd degree burns, requiring skin grafting IIRC. The lady was in her 70s or 80s so the skin is already somewhat friable. I'm sure it hurt like a motherfucker for a very long time. As it turned out the coffee they were serving was scalding hot and deemed unfit for human consumption. Her case was totally legit, but for years I thought it was bullshit. For every legit case like this there are a zillion other frivolous ones, possibly inspired by this case in particular. Everyone sees a payday and rocks on with it but whatever this lady was awarded it was probably not enough. I wouldnt take her burns for ANY amount of money!

In that case of the hot coffee in the drive through, she was right to sue. I saw the slides of her peach when I was in nursing school, the whole peri area was covered in 3rd degree burns, requiring skin grafting IIRC. The lady was in her 70s or 80s so the skin is already somewhat friable. I'm sure it hurt like a motherfucker for a very long time. As it turned out the coffee they were serving was scalding hot and deemed unfit for human consumption. Her case was totally legit, but for years I thought it was bullshit. For every legit case like this there are a zillion other frivolous ones, possibly inspired by this case in particular. Everyone sees a payday and rocks on with it but whatever this lady was awarded it was probably not enough. I wouldnt take her burns for ANY amount of money!

I never knew the particulars of the case. I thought it was a 30 something looking for a payday.

I never knew the particulars of the case. I thought it was a 30 something looking for a payday.

They almost always are, at the temps they used to serve coffee from some locations its like they were begging to be sued. There were coffee samples taken from various locations and I think some were over 190 deg. It's a good thing consumers have recourse for stuff like this, it also gives businesses a reason to at least pretend to give a shit. Sad that the right to bring suit is so badly abused and often successfully.

"... It argues that the legally purchased AR-15 used by Adam Lanza in the attack should never have been sold because it had no reasonable civilian purpose..."

Should we argue that legally purchased cars and motorcycles that reach speeds over twice the legal limits have no reasonable civilian purpose?

Automobiles can also be used as a weapon.

And what is this "civilian" issue? Are special rights granted to non-civilians? Aren't civilians (who would make up a Militia) the foundation of the Second Amendment?

Fuck this. I'm suing Foodie Goodie because my ex-wife started to get a FUPA before I divorced her ass. It does look like open season on mfgrs and vendors.

I know big tobacco has been sued before over similar claims, has anyone ever been successful? I'm really not aware of any suits of this nature that have been won unless defective products were found. This is a road traveled before I believe for Colt IIRC. Do the Sandy Hook families have a legal precedent that anyone knows of?

Take away all the guns, and ammo. No way to get your hands on one. Good luck with that. But, a waco intending to do mass harnm to other humans has many other resources, I'm not going to even mention. Ok, just one. In Massachusetts the Masshole legislature has made every thing firearm just apain in the ass to buy and own, right down to primative arms, like little lead balls. But, you can still build and own a flame thrower. No 7 day wait or hoops to jump through. Sharky is right. We can blame ourselfs. But, we had no idea how far it would go when common sence gun laws were introduced years ago. The Chicago type writter made sence to ban. But they stuck one regulation upon another until only a criminal doesn't pay for the privaledge of red tape. We never find a reasonable balance on anything here. Rant over.It's still a greatplace to live. More people trying to get in than out.

Take away all the guns, and ammo. No way to get your hands on one. Good luck with that. But, a waco intending to do mass harnm to other humans has many other resources, I'm not going to even mention. Ok, just one. In Massachusetts the Masshole legislature has made every thing firearm just apain in the ass to buy and own, right down to primative arms, like little lead balls. But, you can still build and own a flame thrower. No 7 day wait or hoops to jump through. Sharky is right. We can blame ourselfs. But, we had no idea how far it would go when common sence gun laws were introduced years ago. The Chicago type writter made sence to ban. But they stuck one regulation upon another until only a criminal doesn't pay for the privaledge of red tape. We never find a reasonable balance on anything here. Rant over.It's still a greatplace to live. More people trying to get in than out.

Any proposals that come with that label attached Steve-o....you want to avoid! They are the beginning of a long, slippery, shit covered slope! :blink000:

Any proposals that come with that label attached Steve-o....you want to avoid! They are the beginning of a long, slippery, shit covered slope! :blink000:

Liberal logic lacks common sense so they just make shit up to define it.

CNN is all over this like you would expect from such an overtly liberal news source, like stink on shit. Trial date is April 2018.

Back