CBR light mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, was thinking about painting my bike, but instead I'm pulling the trigger on some Tyga stuff. I currently have a chopped rear fender w/o a tail light. The cbr mod looks like the way I want to go, but have a couple of questions.

1. Can you get this light w/o the integrated turn signals? I like my current signals and wouldn't hook this feature up with the new light.

2. On fleabay, prices seem to range from $20 to $75. Is there any difference in the lights? Has anybody ordered any of the ones from China?

Thanks.

Yeah, that was my fall back plan. Was wondering if the stock cbr light didn't have this feature and would still work on our bikes.

Funny you should post this, I just bought a CBR clear taillight w/l.e.d.'s today locally, and after seeing the TYGA closeout, I am seriously considering f & r fenders & faux tank cover, all in c-f, from TYGA. I am thinking I will do this as a "dress" set of bodywork. I like the metal scoops and side covers > the c-f ones, & I have acquired some chrome scoops and spare two-tone side covers w/help from our forum members & eBay. I'm cheap, so I only buy if the price is right. I'll leave the chromed bikes to Cycle Guide and Jon.

My taillight is marked as a Stanley #P3537, 13.5V, 2.4/0.3watts and it appears to have two 5-element rows of lights. I have not yet energized it. Since it has only 3 ganged leads, (3 conductors, one plug) I assume it's the 'no turn signal' item.

FM, that is exactly what I'm doing. I ordered the tank, fenders and side panels from Tyga. My scoops were recently chromed so I'm sticking with those.

The oem light is led right?

Midmo, I bought the chinese cbr one from ebay. It can be bought in either smoked or clear... I got the smoked one. It has the integrated turnsignals, and I wired them in with my stock rear signals. So the tail light turn signal flashes in addition to my OEM rears. Works great, but I feel that the Chinese one seems a little "dim". My friend says I'm nuts, that its plenty bright.

Thanks Bob. I found an oem one on ebay for $20. Wanted one without the signals to cut down on the wiring under the seat because I already have a 3 led set up that replaced reflector.

Thanks Bob. I found an oem one on ebay for $20. Wanted one without the signals to cut down on the wiring under the seat because I already have a 3 led set up that replaced reflector.
Its not a problem if you don't want the integrated signals....just don't hook the wires up and you will only have the brake/running light.

Back