chain drive.. sprocket sizes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-iled

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have converted by bike to a chain drive ... would jus like to enquire with those who have a chain drive on.. what kind of sprocket combination did you use? i know the vmax final ratio is around 3.44? i intend to use the bigger sprocket sizes for the front.. looking at a 17... based on the calculations, would it be ok if i used a 50 tooth rear sprocket? will be using a 530 chain to go with it.

my rear wheel is an 18 inch .. tire size is 240/40/18

any help would be much apprecieated!!! Thank you!!

I will have to find out what the front sprocket size is from Tom at COO, but my rear sprocket is a 40 tooth and I am running a 530 chain with a 17" rear tire.

I will have to find out what the front sprocket size is from Tom at COO, but my rear sprocket is a 40 tooth and I am running a 530 chain with a 17" rear tire.

i see .. how does the bike handle? as in when u compare it before and after the chain mod.

Bike handles great! Have found that the weight loss makes it easier to throw into a corner for sure. Also noted that the power delivery is amazing!

Contact Tom at www.cycleoneoff.com about front sprocket sizes as he said he needs to know your setup particulars to know how to advise you as to a the sizes he would put on.

i run a 40 on the rear but can not remember the front size.I have used a 38 that worked great for the highway or when the road was not hot enought to make the tires stick. 50 is to much.

Latest posts

Back