Chrome or Polish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey all, wanted to start doing some mods to the bike and want to start with the scoops. Am contimplating either chroming them or polishing them...Any body have any thoughts as to which looks better orr if polishing the scoops turns out to be a pita after a while..Thanks

Hey Auggie, Chrome anything you can, it's easier to take care of. Try ChromeMasters they do great work at a good price. Good Luck, Spur

done properly they look the same, polishing requires a lot ore up keep thou, so if you can afford it go chrome

talk to sean morley -he has some good deals on chrome [email protected] and i have done both-polished and chrome.done waste your time polishing it is a good amount of work even if you use a power tool and requires too much up keep.beware though once you start chroming components it is addictive.

yes, we do offer chrome service and even on exchange (something no one else offers). Plus many have liked the depth of color better on our chrome. There is a thread on here that has info and pics.

Sean

Personally, I can only go polish. It is clear that for those that go polish, there is a special continuous care that is required to maintain it. But it is why we live in our garage sometimes just admiring the complex special machinery called a VMAX. There is nothing easy in perfection.

Chrome is good and last longer, but I experienced chrome peeling.
It doesn't matter where the chrome comes from so far, it's just peeling.
Feedback I got was related to the weather here: sunny, hot and plenty of humidity.

So I decided in my current project, to get ride of the chrome and go for PC or paint.

I believe there is different Chrome quality, but It just doesn't work for me so far.
On the other end, polishing request a lot of work because of the oxidation.

talk to sean morley -he has some good deals on chrome [email protected] and i have done both-polished and chrome.done waste your time polishing it is a good amount of work even if you use a power tool and requires too much up keep.beware though once you start chroming components it is addictive.

+1 on Morley's scoops, no imperfections, I am very happy with mine. I have looked at a lot of chrome scoops over the past few years, nothing compares to Morley's...........

Good chrome almost has a blue tint, that means they dont skimp on the nickel. Cheap or yellowish chrome says they try to get as many products through without changing the chemicals. Kinda like when they don't change the grease in a French fryer. But I have mostly chrome and some polished billit. The billit requires more maintenance. But if you want to keep anything nice it takes work.

Polished can look very good.......

I actually kind of like the "buttery shine" of polished alum.

There's no chrome anywhere on my bike that I can think of.

See link, first post..

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16931&page=4

Polishing can be a pain in the ass, I spend probably about an hour a week "tuning up" my polish work, over coffee on Saturday morning...I consider it quality time.

If I had the money I would ditch all of it and go Sean's chrome in two seconds tho'

yeap , I can vouch for Morley standing behind the work from his chrome.. Great stuff, looks great...

CHROME! I was a slave to billet aluminum for the last ten years and keeping it looking good is a PIA IMO. Mostly paint with some chrome to set it off and maybe a little polished aluminum looks sweet to me and is pretty easy to keep up on. Just my humble opinion.
Mike
IMG_0326.jpg

Back