Cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddonnelly

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any advice on the product to use for cleaning? (In Canada) I'm not sure if anything would damage the paint on the tank.

Thanks in advance.

ddonnelly said:
Just wondering if anyone had any advice on the product to use for cleaning? (In Canada) I'm not sure if anything would damage the paint on the tank.

Thanks in advance.

I use motul ( wash & wax), it is spray and great for detailing all surfaces from paint to glass to chrome. you can also use any auto wax/ cleaner on tank, fenders and scoops.
I personally like the spray, it is quick and takes off any hard water deposits on the engine with ease, great for the forks too.
you can find it at the motorcycle dealers or get it on line for $5.90 US
________
hot box vaporizer

Last edited:
We almost exclusively use "Honda Polish" which you can get at your local Honda Dealer. It doesn't cost much for you to try it. Works awesome for us.

I do not use a water hose on the upper portion of my Max---- just tooooo much electronics up there. I lurk the V-Maxchat site and lots of those guys ride in the rain and there seems to be plenty of electrical gremlins to go around.
I've used the Honda polish--- it does work well.

interesting. I've riddenin the rain many times and have yet to have an issue at all.

Then again, I've only had the max for a short time. I do however check the electronics every so often and look for cracks in the wiring and weatherproof areas.

+1 for the Honda polish. I use Meguiar's stuff for the major cleanups and Honda's polish for in-between. Spray on, wipe off!

On the engine I use Mothers California Gold Carnuba Cleaning Wax. It takes tons of patience and a long flat screwdriver to get into all of those crevases. The results are amazing if you have not ever detailed your engine.

I have used it also on the rest of the motorcycle and it is very good.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide what YOU think works the best for the best results.

California Customs Purple polish for the chrome - is the best ive come across .
Clear tyre black spray for the motor - just spray and wipe , and any good quality polish for the tins:clapping:

Honda cleaner-polish kicks ass!Just as good as the purple metal polish is on aluminum.

Does anyone wax the paint around the motor area?My Max needs a bath and this wil be her first from me.. Any special brushes I should look into?

I think the Honda products are the best, but i've been unable to get them on-line and there isn't a local dealer. So I use S-100. Spray a little on, hose it off and a little Mequiars Quick Detailer, and she's good to go. :clapping:

dan

Does anyone wax the paint around the motor area?My Max needs a bath and this wil be her first from me.. Any special brushes I should look into?

I use Honda cleaner/polish on everything. Engine too. I have not been able to get it at the local shop here in Kalifornia for about a year so I order half a case at a time from Ron Ayers. Thanks for the reminder. Time to order some more!:biglaugh:

I use Honda cleaner/polish on everything. Engine too. I have not been able to get it at the local shop here in Kalifornia for about a year so I order half a case at a time from Ron Ayers. Thanks for the reminder. Time to order some more!:biglaugh:

Do you have contact info for Ron Ayers? Thanks

dan

My bike got weekly washes with Meguiars car wash concentrate from Pep Boys. Any mild soap for car washes will do fine, though.

I'd also wax with Liquid Glass every couple of months. Paint, all chrome (pipes included) and smooth plastic. Then, after every wash, I'd hit it with a quick spray wax and wipe. Total time of the whole charade was about 30-minutes / week.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I am in Calgary, not too many canucks on here by the looks of things! I use a product from crappy tire called Aerospace 303. It works awesome as a cleaner/polisher, and has UV protection. I really like Meguiars as well, never tried the Honda polish, but have heard a lot of good things about it. Have to try it next.

I hand wash with a wet cloth, no car wash / pressure washer for me.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I am in Calgary, not too many canucks on here by the looks of things! I use a product from crappy tire called Aerospace 303. It works awesome as a cleaner/polisher, and has UV protection. I really like Meguiars as well, never tried the Honda polish, but have heard a lot of good things about it. Have to try it next.

There are lots of Canucks here LOL, heck the site is run by one:biglaugh: I use a product from Simonize (spelling may be wrong but oh well) that is a spray on foam to clean the bike. Then Autosol to polish the scoops and wheels, S100 engine detail spray in the obvious place, then good old Turtle wax to wax the tins. Spray detailer in between washes just to touch it up.

There are lots of Canucks here LOL, heck the site is run by one:biglaugh: I use a product from Simonize (spelling may be wrong but oh well) that is a spray on foam to clean the bike. Then Autosol to polish the scoops and wheels, S100 engine detail spray in the obvious place, then good old Turtle wax to wax the tins. Spray detailer in between washes just to touch it up.

I see 89 that have actually posted that they are in Canada which is pretty good!

Check out members tab and then do an advanced search for Canada in the location field.

Back