Clutch Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
Hi guys, I noticed I've developed a leak on my clutch line where the 'soft' line connects to the solid line at the motor. Can I just try to tighten this?

Stupid question I know...

You may be able to tighten it but the optimum repair is to replace with a braided steel line from White Bros. Firmer action, good looking too. <100.00 money well spent.:twocents:

If I remember right, I think that it can be tightened up.

I have a spare one that I took off to put on braided lines. If you need it, I can send it out on Tuesday.

Mike

Hi guys, I noticed I've developed a leak on my clutch line where the 'soft' line connects to the solid line at the motor. Can I just try to tighten this?

Stupid question I know...

I would Zippo, just be gentle. If the worst happens and the metal pipe is all corroded (which I doubt) and breaks all the parts are replaceable.

Attachments

• clutch blow-up.jpg
    clutch blow-up.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 16
Thanks guys, it looked like it could be but thought I would ask first since I wasn't in a rush anyway. Just shotgun'd my carbs now I need to sync. :D
I'll let you guys know how I make out.

Ok, so I 'tried' to tighten it. Needed a 17mm and a 10mm wrench, but I couldn't get them to budge. I didn't want to make it worse so I left it... I'll top up the fluid to be safe for now.

Suggestions??

I'm not sure exactly where it's leaking.

It's prolly leaking at the end of the hose where the hex nut is crimped.....like the guys said, best bet is to replace with Galfer s/s braided line.

It's prolly leaking at the end of the hose where the hex nut is crimped.....like the guys said, best bet is to replace with Galfer s/s braided line.

Sounds like a winter project :biglaugh:

Bikes will be going down into the basement for winter sleep so it's a great time to do it. I'll keep an eye on it in the mean time though. Blowing a clutch line would severely suck.... :bang head:

Sounds like a winter project :biglaugh:

Bikes will be going down into the basement for winter sleep so it's a great time to do it. I'll keep an eye on it in the mean time though. Blowing a clutch line would severely suck.... :bang head:

That's a nice winter project, that way you won't be rushed. Get the clutch lever mod from Turbovmax, Galfer s/s braided line, rebuild the slave and put in new fluid. You won't believe the difference!!!

I just finished doing that and the clutch is 'better'n new'....(I think, never really had a new bike :biglaugh:)

That's a nice winter project, that way you won't be rushed. Get the clutch lever mod from Turbovmax, Galfer s/s braided line, rebuild the slave and put in new fluid. You won't believe the difference!!!

I just finished doing that and the clutch is 'better'n new'....(I think, never really had a new bike :biglaugh:)

Sounds like a plan :clapping:
I'll have to start pricing and ordering parts :punk:

Get your Galfer line(s) from Sean Morley - great price!

Any other parts to rebuild the S/C - from Gary McCoy!

All in the VMF links :eusa_dance:

+1 Also, be sure to call or e mail Gary for prices don't use his on-line prices for comparison.

He gives the forum members a hell of a discount that can't be beaten, IMO, but you need to contact him!

So I'm looking at the schematic for the slave, which parts do I need? Do they sell a kit that includes everything? (remember Neeeeewwwwb here...)

:worthy:

Attachments

• 1106_clutch.jpg
    1106_clutch.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 9
When I rebuilt a friends I just had him order #27. This includes the cylinder and all seals. You will need to re-use your slave pipe, crush washers and bleeder.

Latest posts

Back