clutch slave cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robike_75

Reaction score
Hi all. Can someone please show me a picture of the clutch slave cylinder and its location with the bleeder valve. I can't find it in any of the threads. I just lost pressure in the handle. Everything looks good and the reseviour is full. Thanks Mike:confused2:

Hi all. Can someone please show me a picture of the clutch slave cylinder and its location with the bleeder valve. I can't find it in any of the threads. I just lost pressure in the handle. Everything looks good and the reseviour is full. Thanks Mike:confused2:
Look on the left side of the bike behind the rear head inbetween the stator cover & middle gear cove & there is a sqare rubber piece there just lift it up & the bleeder is under it.

Thanks Kyle. I like to take to the motorcycle shop, but every time I put it in gear it stalls. I don't have a clue what happened. mike

is your side stand all the way up? or maybe issues with the switch on the kick stand.

Look on the left side of the bike behind the rear head inbetween the stator cover & middle gear cove & there is a sqare rubber piece there just lift it up & the bleeder is under it.
Thanks Kyle. I bleed the system and it seems to work fine for now. If it happens again soon I guess I'll have to take it in and get the slave cylinder rebuilt. mike

thats a easy step to do yourself, if you can bleed the system your half way there man, dont bother takin it in. comes off easy and about 10 mins to rebuild and then re-install and bleed.

Unless your leaking fluid from under your bike, I would guess its gonna be the master going out. Another easy fix..........

Unless your leaking fluid from under your bike, I would guess its gonna be the master going out. Another easy fix..........
I wasn't losing any fluid. So maybe I should look at the master cylinder. That might be something I can handle myself. Iam going to see how long I have a good clutch and go from there. Thanks

You can do a quick check to verify, Take the clutch line completely loose from master and hold your thumb over the hole of the master and if you can't build enough pressure to squirt fluid from under your thumb its the master. But you must do the test when you have lost the clutch disengage which I think you stated before. Its not going to be a valid test unless you have lost your clutch, you have got to catch it when its acting up.

I hate to disagree as you are a knowledgable person but I have personally had more than one bike I never seen fluid under & it turned out to be the slave. I dont know where it was going but I never seen a drop under the bike.

You might be right, you have worked on more Vmaxes than me. We are like doctors with two different diagnosis.

I hate to disagree as you are a knowledgable person but I have personally had more than one bike I never seen fluid under & it turned out to be the slave. I dont know where it was going but I never seen a drop under the bike.

the sign to rebuild was obvious for me, though. i had fluid drips from where (oh i forgot exactly what's it's called) the dust seal that covered the push rod that entered the engine block. anyways, dude, i rebuilt the slave and it really is easy. according to the maintenance schedule, the seals and o-rings for the master were due as well, so i did them, too. matter of fact, i rebuilt the front and rear brake master and slaves since i was at it. it seriously, isn't that big of a deal--not like a starter clutch fix hehehehe ugh. put it this way, i just started riding bikes last october, the most mechanical thing i've ever done was change out the brake pads for my cages. if a computer geek like myself can do it, so can you.

the sign to rebuild was obvious for me, though. i had fluid drips from where (oh i forgot exactly what's it's called) the dust seal that covered the push rod that entered the engine block. anyways, dude, i rebuilt the slave and it really is easy. according to the maintenance schedule, the seals and o-rings for the master were due as well, so i did them, too. matter of fact, i rebuilt the front and rear brake master and slaves since i was at it. it seriously, isn't that big of a deal--not like a starter clutch fix hehehehe ugh. put it this way, i just started riding bikes last october, the most mechanical thing i've ever done was change out the brake pads for my cages. if a computer geek like myself can do it, so can you.

Where can I get a detailed discription of these two rebuilds. Thanks

Ditto on the step-by-step.

I got on my bike this morning and after the first shift or two, I had a really hard time pulling the clutch in far enough to get it out of gear... Few things more frightening than being on a 1400cc monster that doesn't want to let you off. Had to take it home and drive the beater Nissan instead :-<

Consequently, it looks like I'm going to have to do the same thing myself (that's what I get for keeping it outside). If so, I'd be happy to video-tape the whole process and post it here.

Where can I get a detailed discription of these two rebuilds. Thanks
I'm not aware of an existing slave rebuild "how to". Here are a bunch of threads that will help.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/tags.php?tag=slave

Digest the threads in the link. Arm yourself with a service manual (available for free in the forum links) and an OEM seal kit, mid gear cover gasket, crush washer, banjo bolt washers, and possibly a clutch pushrod seal.

This would be a great opportunity to do a comprehensive write up for the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back