coil on plugs question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefbong360

Reaction score
this probably sounds stupid but I have been reading ton on here and cant seem to find the answer.

which wire goes to which terminal on the cop?

got a set of denso cop off a 2006 gsxxr and bought brand new connectors for them.

planning on not installing resistors on them because from what I can remember from what I read everyone is having luck with the higher voltage.

going to follow naughtyg's how to step by step but at step one I?m stuck haha

any help would be appreciated!

From what I been told it doesn't matter... but that being said I saw a post yesterday to that effect but he matches wire color... maybe I jest better find the post! lol brb

Ok, I found it:
The harness are all built the same or I should say they should be. The orange wire goes to the hot wire on the N(b)ike harness. Which is the same color at all coil connections. It works either way however the way described is the proper way.
You will want to probe the bikes coil harness' lead to find the hot wire then whichever bikes COP's you are using match that hot wire up to the hot pin on the COP.
Welcome to the forum, when you get a chance drop a post on the new member section of the forum to introduce yourself. I'm sure you'll find plenty about the Vmax with a little looking around, but if you cannot find it let know!

thanks for the quick response

but that?s half my problem how do I know which pin is the hot on the coil over plug?

I swear I have been looking for days to figure this out haha

I didn't bother with polarity on the COPS when I installed them. It's a coil, and DC current will run through it in either direction. (Now watch me fry all 4 of them next time I start the bike......)

Gentleman, it does matter but they will work backwards too. Having said that I can't specify the direction (as I don't remember lol).

Back