Cold blooded...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
Havent fine tuned my '06 yet but I thought I would see what you guys think. I live at 3600 ft elevation here in Bend Oregon. When I bought the bike the p/o told me it was cold blooded... 4400 original miles. when its warm out it runs great but if its around 60 or less its a whole different bike... takes quite a bit of riding to warm up. What causes this?

thanks in advance,

D:punk:

a rich condition will make it run cool / cold and a lean will make it run hotter if I am not mistaken I know with my nitro r/c cars and trucks if I am running warm I turn to rich up the a/f mix and run cold I will turn a/f to lean it up

Havent fine tuned my '06 yet but I thought I would see what you guys think. I live at 3600 ft elevation here in Bend Oregon. When I bought the bike the p/o told me it was cold blooded... 4400 original miles. when its warm out it runs great but if its around 60 or less its a whole different bike... takes quite a bit of riding to warm up. What causes this?

thanks in advance,

My 03 has a completely stock motor, carburation and exhaust, and is kept in tune.
Since day one, the bike has been "cold blooded", regardless of ambient temperature, or elevation. It will only start without the choke if has been sitting no more than an hour after it has been shut down, even in the hottest weather.
During warm weather - in Canada, anything above 60f - the bike requires at least 1/4 choke to start, after being off during the night. It needs full choke when it is started during wintertime storage (kept in a garage about 40f)
However, as long as the choke is set properly for the conditions, the bike starts almost instantly.
I wouldn't be concerned if your bike has similar characteristics. It's just the nature of the beast.
Cheers!

Same here, I've owned my VMax for 11-1/2 years (it was one summer old when I bought it) and it has always been a bit Cold-Blooded.
Miles summed it up nicely, that's just the Nature of the Beast with a VMax.

Latest posts

Back