Coolant Change after way too long!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Started feeling guilty about that ratty old coolant probably clogging up my radiator and water jackets, so time for a change before Thunder. This old coolant HAD to be in the motor for at least 10 years or more, because I honestly don't remember the last time changing it.

Ran the bike for a minute or so, removed the cap, and drained out the system.
3 quarts of perfectly green - looked like I put it in there yesterday - coolant came out. Collected it in a clean tray, poured it into a clear bottle to have a look at it. No oily crap, still as green as new stuff... Guess my water pump's seal is still in good shape!

A quick flush with a garden hose - again no crap came out - and refilled with new fluid. A couple miles to get the temp up to check for leaks, and done.....

One step closer to Thunder! All I need now is to get the new tire put on the rear of the bike.:th_image003:

Do you take it to motioncraft (Tim), to change your tire. He did a good job for me.

Yeah - Tim's a good friend, an excellent mechanic, and an honest businessman! If I can't fix it, Tim gets it. Never had a problem with anything he's ever done for me...

MotionCraft East Aurora NY - 5 stars!

yeah - tim's a good friend, an excellent mechanic, and an honest businessman! If i can't fix it, tim gets it. Never had a problem with anything he's ever done for me...

Motioncraft east aurora ny - 5 stars!

+1000

Latest posts

Back