coolant/gas trouble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so i replaced the coolant, drained the old stuff completely, and added new just like the manual says. i started it up, ran fine for about a minute until all the gas in the carbs (i guess) was up, then it went dead. the fuel pump ticks, but no gas seems to be reaching the carbs now. anybody know what's happening?

Check fuel tank for gas. Fuel filter too. Remove hose from carb rack, empty to bucket and flip key on. Make sure gas exits the fuel pump.

Is it just me, or can you actually hear fuel draining back to the tank if you cylcle the pump on then turn off the key? I was playing around last night and had my head next to the faux while verifying wet float levels. I heard an odd noise. Sounded like fuel was draining from carb rack back towards tank??? Am I crazy or was I hearing something else??

The best way to describe it was a bubbling, gurgling noise.

the tank, filter, and pump are all full of gas.
is there a way to add gas straight to the carbs?

Go to the carb forum and check out the sticky on how to change out main jets. Follow instructinos on removing air box, unplug fuel pump, and remove main fuel line to carbs. at this point you can rig up a temp gravity feed fuel tank and plug it into the carb's main fuel inlet.

looks like i need a new fuel pump. does anyone know a part #? it's impossible to find on the diagrams

1FK-13907-01-00
about probably $200...

i would talk to sean morley on this forum, he may have one...

if not call gary from mondack

also, i found it in the intake/airfilter mircofiche

Back