Cop's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
My COP's MOD finally came today !!!!! cant wait to get it on this weekend come on Thanks GANNON:clapping: !!! Next mod i will be after is SEAN muscle kit but i think i might have to wait until santa come for that !!!!!

COPs are great...got mine from Gannon too...good instructions...just use a good Philips or a small ratchet with a Philips head as some of those babies are on tight!!

I left my front ones in...had to use a JIS screwdriver after the rear screws started to strip.

Impact driver on screws for the coils OK but please heed this, below for other notoriously hard to remove stuck fasteners on our bikes.

Going to an aftermarket exhaust like a UFO 4/1 and COP's, where you remove the heavy exhaust, centerstand, and coils, and replace your lead battery w/a lithium-ion one, you can lose 30 lbs, easily.

I caution against an impact driver on your delicate carbs! Use a pair of straight jaw Vise Grips before you do that. The Vise Grips will loosen any of the screws that you can't get undone. Using an impact driver could cause you to cry for days when you fracture a carb body. Want some incentive to go the Vise Grips route? From Ron Ayres Motorsports fiche:

1CARBURETOR ASY 1
2WF-14901-02-00 1 $677.40
2CARBURETOR ASY 2
2WF-14902-02-00 1 $853.95
3CARBURETOR ASY 3
2WF-14903-02-00 1 $853.95
4CARBURETOR ASY 4
2WF-14904-02-00 1 $875.49

http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/...=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2007&fveh=12880

"Just say 'No' to impact drivers and carb bodies, or you will end up on 'crack!'":confused2:

i have a impact driver ill use that and plenty of penitrating oil

I ment this for the screws (impact driver)
impact-driver.jpg

not a impact gun

Impact driver on screws for the coils OK but please heed this, below for other notoriously hard to remove stuck fasteners on our bikes.

Going to an aftermarket exhaust like a UFO 4/1 and COP's, where you remove the heavy exhaust, centerstand, and coils, and replace your lead battery w/a lithium-ion one, you can lose 30 lbs, easily.

I caution against an impact driver on your delicate carbs! Use a pair of straight jaw Vise Grips before you do that. The Vise Grips will loosen any of the screws that you can't get undone. Using an impact driver could cause you to cry for days when you fracture a carb body. Want some incentive to go the Vise Grips route? From Ron Ayres Motorsports fiche:

1CARBURETOR ASY 1
2WF-14901-02-00 1 $677.40
2CARBURETOR ASY 2
2WF-14902-02-00 1 $853.95
3CARBURETOR ASY 3
2WF-14903-02-00 1 $853.95
4CARBURETOR ASY 4
2WF-14904-02-00 1 $875.49

http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/...=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2007&fveh=12880

"Just say 'No' to impact drivers and carb bodies, or you will end up on 'crack!'":confused2:

+1 on that. I cracked one of my carb manifold using one. I use the vise grips now on the more delicate parts

I had one of the coil screws that was stripped...used a JIS screwdriver on it....and out it came.

Japanese Industrial Standard-different from metric in some ways, but uses a metric base.

+1 on that. I cracked one of my carb manifold using one. I use the vise grips now on the more delicate parts

Yes, die-cast parts can crack easily!:damn angry: Plus the alloy isn't particularly-strong, or thick.

Japanese Industrial Standard-different from metric in some ways, but uses a metric base.

Here is a pic. They are a bit pricey, but they seem to fit so much better in the screws.

Attachments

• screws_JIS_phillips_comparison.jpg
    screws_JIS_phillips_comparison.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Phillips vs JIS.jpg
    Phillips vs JIS.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 10
Back