Cortech bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna put the Gen 1 on the road this spring/summer, and have sort of narrowed by saddle bag choices down to either a set of Cortech bags, or just take the plunge and snag the Fatmax bags.

Since i'm not going to be doing a lot of this, just the occasional weekend thing, I'm leaning to a set of these Cortech bags:

h_sku234.jpg

Or, if clearance to the Kerker pipe is an issue, perhaps the sport version:

h_ra_black.jpg

Is anyone using either of these bags, and if so, how did they fit for you, and did you have to do any fabrication to get them to work, acceptably?

I have the corthech saddlebags (first ones, not the sport ones). Had to change the rear directionals, which ended up in something I liked anyway. I also had to install a flat bar to keep them away from the bike. All in all good bags, I have no regrets.

Zoom , thats some interesting comments on your bags as thats what i have , they fitted straight on no problems at all . They dont seem to move and work great. :punk:

Attachments

• vmax 020.jpg
    vmax 020.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 141
  • vmax 018.jpg
    vmax 018.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 125
  • vmax 019.jpg
    vmax 019.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 125
i have a set of dowco sport bags. i know not the same but i bet they fit similarly as the sport bags. they fit the lines of the 'max well and a lot of guys on the brownie run liked the look of 'em.

if i had the $$ i would get the fatmax bags in a second. would make life easier for sure having nice lockable waterproof bags.

I was just considering this same thing. I was looking at some of T-Bag's (hehehe) products for sissy bars, since mine came with the factory backrest/luggage rack. There's a few nice day-trip sized bags that are designed to sit on the luggage platform and then strap to the sissy bar. None are particularly big due to the location, think the biggest was like 1.5 cubic feet and that looked pretty ugly and wide. Problem is they're definitely premium-priced. A small roll-type bag, maybe the size of a 2 liter bottle was $150. Jeeez! So far I've been taking a backpack if I anticipate needing to carry something, but that's a hassle because then I have to carry it around with me all day.

I am a big fan of Nelson Rigg products... They have the best warranty in the business. (Lifetime total replacement). Never had to use it though as they are great quality. Like them MUCH more than Tourmaster. New Enough has a great sale on various Nelson Rigg bags right now.

i got some sidewinds, last min purchase but seem to work and fit the max just fine. sorry this is the only pic i got. third bike in line and i have a kerker can, no issue with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 75
hmm very cool. the riggpacks ctb200 and ctb250 might work well with my saddlebags for the longer trips.

Zoom , thats some interesting comments on your bags as thats what i have , they fitted straight on no problems at all . They dont seem to move and work great. :punk:

I see that you have them installed with no mods! I didn't care for how close the were to me. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. I did get rid of the lights and installed them on the license plate and as I said installed some home-made brackets to stop them from any friction to the fender and springs.

Here is one pic I found, more to come when I get home.

Attachments

• 4403_1063573308834_1211029109_30159523_2923639_n.jpg
    4403_1063573308834_1211029109_30159523_2923639_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I see that you have them installed with no mods! I didn't care for how close the were to me. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. I did get rid of the lights and installed them on the license plate and as I said installed some home-made brackets to stop them from any friction to the fender and springs.

Here is one pic I found, more to come when I get home.

Looks good , i didnt want to mess with indicators on mine as i still wanted it to look stock when bags not in use . Plus the t bag on top worked as a back rest for me when a couple of days i was doing big kms . :punk:

OK, as promissed, here ae a few more pics of the mod. None with the bags but you have seen them on the prior pic.

Attachments

• DSC00135a.JPG
    DSC00135a.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00137a.JPG
    DSC00137a.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 59
Gonna put the Gen 1 on the road this spring/summer, and have sort of narrowed by saddle bag choices down to either a set of Cortech bags, or just take the plunge and snag the Fatmax bags.

Since i'm not going to be doing a lot of this, just the occasional weekend thing, I'm leaning to a set of these Cortech bags:

Or, if clearance to the Kerker pipe is an issue, perhaps the sport version:

Is anyone using either of these bags, and if so, how did they fit for you, and did you have to do any fabrication to get them to work, acceptably?

I have a set of the sport bags in black as well as the top mount bag that goes with it. I'd sell it all to you if you want.

I've NEVER used them. EVER! Not even test fitted... If memory serves I bought the saddle bags from a guy used... Although they don't look used...

I can take some photo's if you wish... Give me your email if your interested.

Chris

OK the sale of these are pending but I thought I would share what I have.

Attachments

• MC luggage #5.jpg
    MC luggage #5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 40
  • MC luggage #6.jpg
    MC luggage #6.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 40
  • MC luggage.jpg
    MC luggage.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 43
  • MC luggage #8.jpg
    MC luggage #8.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 37
  • MC luggage #7.jpg
    MC luggage #7.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 37
  • MC luggage #2.jpg
    MC luggage #2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 41
  • MC luggage #3.jpg
    MC luggage #3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
Well, ended up snagging the following Nelson Rigg bags:

CL-75 mini tailbag (good for knocking around on weekends)
DLSB-500 saddlebags
RTB-500 tailbag (used with saddlebags above for longer trips)

Got the CL-75 at NewEnough.com for $44
DLSB-500 via eBay seller - $75
RTB-500 via eBay seller - $55

So, that's all bags for $175 + shipping / tax.

Thanks to mc-man for letting me check how his fit on my bike before pulling the trigger. Looks like pretty good stuff, and the price is right with a lifetime warranty.

Hope this helps someone else out at some point.

4gasem did you end up selling your bags?

Yes sir! The gentleman got all bags for 130 shipped! NICE deal and nice bags!

I turned around and used it plus some more to refill some of my detailing supplies for my rides.

Come-on Spring! :eusa_dance:

Back