Cost of Doing OD 5th Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember right, it was around 800 bucks for the gears and such. That was a year and a half ago though and inflation may have screwed that number up.
If I had the money right now, I'd be all over it.
Hopefully he'll chime in pretty soon. I'd like to know for sure myself.

Email Sean, or PM him here on the site. He has price sheets already made up that he can email you. Cost is going to depend on what exactly you want to do while your in the motor, and if your buying an undercut trans, or trying to use your stock one. Also shift forks, shift drum and misc parts and gaskets all increase the cost. But if you are going to have it apart I like to make it all like new myself. Nothing worse than getting her back together only to have a part you could/should have replaced go bad down the road later.

Just as a thread primer, I have a 5th gear OD and it is worth every penny.
I had some repairs to do so I just sent my whole engine to Sean. It came back repainted, new clutch, hd oil pump, undercut trans, starter clutch fixed, and of course the OD 5th gear.:punk:

Just as a thread primer, I have a 5th gear OD and it is worth every penny.
I had some repairs to do so I just sent my whole engine to Sean. It came back repainted, new clutch, hd oil pump, undercut trans, starter clutch fixed, and of course the OD 5th gear.:punk:

wow sweet shit! I wish I could do something like that in a winter or 2!

Sorry to be so late today guys. I actually had regular day job stuff to do lol! The OD option requires our full undercut ($550 with return shipping) as well as the OD option ($365). As noted I have the spreadsheet with engine pricing as well as trans work. You'll have gaskets at a minimum (though the heads don't need to come off).

I tend to tell people there isn't really a reason to do the OD for a perfectly good running/driving engine though if the funds and time prevail it's a great mod. The venture diff is a good alternative to get a reduction without taking the engine out. BUT, it's not nearly as good in my opinion.

Sean

About 30 min of work. Take off your diff and put the new one on. $200-$250 plus shipping.

Sean

Thanks Sean I think thats what I will be doing then as of right now the motor is running great, and Ill let you know about the swing arm and tank also.

Back